The Student Room Group

TSR FIFA League

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520

Cool, well I'm ready when you are but not too late as I have work tomorrow. If not tonight can you do tomorrow evening? No work on Friday so I can stay up later.
Reply 521
Paddy S (ARG) 1-0 Jam277 (FRA)
Paddy S (ARG) 0-1 Jam277 (FRA)

I still have to play the other two guys once each.
Ps3 Group A results

nerd 2 (Argentina) 1 - 8 Sortedguy (Germany)
nerd 2 (Argentina) 0 - 5 Sortedguy (Germany)

If only i played like this during my last 4 other games
Original post by gunit123
3rd place-play off sounds reasonable. I agree the final should be 1 match, but what happens if it's a draw??? Remember, there isn't any extra time nor is there penalties :frown:

Also, I think you're facing Spain (zxh800)

Cool and yeah I was ruminating about this earlier. The final and 3rd place play-off should legitimately only be 1 game like it is in real life. If these games do happen to be draw's then I guess the only option would be to have a replay-until there is finally an ultimate winner since we can't do extra time, golden goal or pens.

Also, you mentioned in another post that the next tournament could be champions league! That would be great, if there is 8 of us again then we can use this same format or even better if we can get 16 players, so it's like 4 groups (A-D)

The best 16 teams to be would be: Barca, R Madrid, Athletico Madrid, Man U, Man City, Arsenal,Chelsea, Juve, AC Milan, Dortmund, Bayern, PSG, Galataseraay, Porto, Inter and either Malaga, Spurs, Valencia or Liverpool.

But if course if we can't get that many players then we could stick to the 8 buy if there's a few more players like 12 then we could just have 3 groups (A-C) in which the 3 winners and 3 runners-up progress to the QF's and then thR three teams that finish 3rd in thR group enter a mini-group stage with each other and the top 2 of that extra stage progress to the QF's. Hope thats not too complicated though :lol:
Reply 524
Original post by Oziris
Cool, well I'm ready when you are but not too late as I have work tomorrow. If not tonight can you do tomorrow evening? No work on Friday so I can stay up later.

its not looking likely as my nan is watching the TV lol

I'd much prefer champion league teams or if not that then teams of a certain star rating eg. 4.5 stars
Reply 525
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
Cool and yeah I was ruminating about this earlier. The final and 3rd place play-off should legitimately only be 1 game like it is in real life. If these games do happen to be draw's then I guess the only option would be to have a replay-until there is finally an ultimate winner since we can't do extra time, golden goal or pens.

Also, you mentioned in another post that the next tournament could be champions league! That would be great, if there is 8 of us again then we can use this same format or even better if we can get 16 players, so it's like 4 groups (A-D)

The best 16 teams to be would be: Barca, R Madrid, Athletico Madrid, Man U, Man City, Arsenal,Chelsea, Juve, AC Milan, Dortmund, Bayern, PSG, Galataseraay, Porto, Inter and either Malaga, Spurs, Valencia or Liverpool.

But if course if we can't get that many players then we could stick to the 8 buy if there's a few more players like 12 then we could just have 3 groups (A-C) in which the 3 winners and 3 runners-up progress to the QF's and then thR three teams that finish 3rd in thR group enter a mini-group stage with each other and the top 2 of that extra stage progress to the QF's. Hope thats not too complicated though :lol:

Great idea with the CL tournament - I'm sure we can get at least 12 participants. I think I would be correct in saying that this tournament will be over by Friday evening and so we can arrange the team and group draws soon after.
So basically I've topped the group. Who's second in group B though?
Original post by jam277

I finished 1st with 13 points. And Thamesgbaski finished 2nd with 11 points.

Looks like it's you and Thamesgbaski in the Semis.

Who finished 2nd in group A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277

I finished second. You're in for a tough match. Joke. I'm average.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Sufistic
I finished 1st with 13 points. And Thamesgbaski finished 2nd with 11 points.

Looks like it's you and Thamesgbaski in the Semis.

Who finished 2nd in group A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea. Still in the balance. I'm mathematically first though.

Original post by Thamesgbaski
I finished second. You're in for a tough match. Joke. I'm average.

Lulling me into a false sense of security.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 530
Original post by jam277
No idea. Still in the balance. I'm mathematically first though.

I beat Gob Bluth 4-1 so I think that means I'm second even though I've still got one to play. Dorondj says he can't play for a while though...
Original post by Paddy S
I beat Gob Bluth 4-1 so I think that means I'm second even though I've still got one to play. Dorondj says he can't play for a while though...

Hmm well it's best to wait till he comes back. Or if it's taking too long or he's mathematically out get someone else? Ideally should be done by the end of this week.
Reply 532
Original post by jam277
Hmm well it's best to wait till he comes back. Or if it's taking too long or he's mathematically out get someone else? Ideally should be done by the end of this week.

I'm pretty sure I'm out of reach of them both mathematically anyway. Gob Bluth can't catch me what were your results against dorondj?
Original post by Paddy S
I'm pretty sure I'm out of reach of them both mathematically anyway. Gob Bluth can't catch me what were your results against dorondj?

3-1 and 5-0.
What was your result vs dorondj and gob bluth? So I can calculate it.

I'll do a table now.

You beat gob bluth, you beat me once so that's 6 points right? You drew to dorondj iirc so that's 7 points
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 534
Beat gob Bluth twice so I'm on ten points

If he neat Gob Bluth twice then he's on 7 n could catch me of he beat me but if he didn't beat him twice then he can't catch me so we can move on the knockouts
Reply 535
Original post by Gob Bluth
Nah i'm not going to be on tonight. If it says i'm on it's generally my mate who is on all the time. I'll let you know when on next.

How do you make so few mistakes, i just find if i do possession i eventually do one poor pass messing it all up. Do you do it all automatic, or have you changed a few things? Just wondering how you got that good haha. Custom tactics too?

What were your results with Dorondj?
They haven't played each other.
Reply 537
Original post by diggy
its not looking likely as my nan is watching the TV lol

I'd much prefer champion league teams or if not that then teams of a certain star rating eg. 4.5 stars

No problem, what sort of time will you be free tonight? I have some dignity to play for, have to win at least one game! or even get a point.

I think champions league will be good for the next one too.
Updated the tables as best I can, quote me if I missed anything. I'll tidy them up at some point today.
(edited 11 years ago)
Xbox Group A:
1st: France
2nd: ???

Xbox Group B:
1st: Italy
2nd: Portugal

PS3 Group A:
1st: Spain
2nd: France

PS3 Group B:
1st: England