I've been accepted at both KCL and St Andrews (as well as Lancaster and have applied for LSE but am not keen on going as its really expensive) and I'm wondering which would be the better uni to go to?
My parents are wanting me to go to St Andrews as it's more prestigious and is in the UK league tables however I'm not too keen on the degree there but I'm fine doing it, whereas KCL is sort of my dream uni atm as I really want to study in London to be able to network and land a good job also because I'm more keen on the degree and whilst I know it's a good uni it's not on any league tables for the UK so I'm just a bit worried I'll be going to a worse uni.
I have pros and cons about both unis.
St Andrews con's:
- remote uni (I'm already coming from a remote uni so I don't want to go to another one)
- less networking opportunities
- less employable degree
- more well known
- not on any league tables
- more networking oppurtunites
- more job opportunities as I'll have to work while I'm there
- more interesting and relevant degree
I'm also a bit worried about finances and I know London is more expensive so I'm wondering if KCL's KAAS scheme is also open to postgraduates?