The Student Room Group

Benefit High Beam vs Watts Up

I'm looking for a good highlighter to wear on my cheekbones and cupids bow (to hopefully make my upper lip look more plump) I've read good things about High Beam and Watts up but i'm undecided as to what would work best for me. I'm very fair skinned so obviously I don't want a product that's gunna make me look orange! Any thoughts?
I've tried High Beam and I really liked it. However, my current favourite highlighter is a powder one by The Balm (that's the brand name) from Feel Unique. It's very subtle yet buildable and blends in nicely :smile: I actually prefer it to High Beam.
Original post by ChocoholicPolyglot
I've tried High Beam and I really liked it. However, my current favourite highlighter is a powder one by The Balm (that's the brand name) from Feel Unique. It's very subtle yet buildable and blends in nicely :smile: I actually prefer it to High Beam.

I tend to avoid powders as they make my skin look a bit too matte. I'm leaning more towards high beam as I think Watts Up might be too orange tinged for my colouring. I rarely wear products on my face, is high beam good enough to use over a bare face?
Original post by sarahthegemini
I tend to avoid powders as they make my skin look a bit too matte. I'm leaning more towards high beam as I think Watts Up might be too orange tinged for my colouring. I rarely wear products on my face, is high beam good enough to use over a bare face?

High Beam goes on great over a bare face because it is a liquid formula so it will sit like a light foundation/cream. Watts Up is quite orangey even on me and my skin isn't even that light so you may want to stay away from that!
Original post by ChocoholicPolyglot
High Beam goes on great over a bare face because it is a liquid formula so it will sit like a light foundation/cream. Watts Up is quite orangey even on me and my skin isn't even that light so you may want to stay away from that!

Thank you :smile:
You're welcome! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest