The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robbie242
Yeah as long as its 90ums I'm still happy, I think if the boundary is quite low like it was for C1 then around 66/67 may be 90ums. I am glad I pushed on with moments though, if I didn't I'd be in a heap more trouble.

Well here's all my hope for you, although I unfortunately thought of it being quite straightforward in the exam but then got told otherwise by everyone else in my class, just got to hope everyone found it that hard for you sake :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 521
Original post by MathsNerd1
Well here's all my hope for you, although I unfortunately thought of it being quite straightforward in the exam but then got told otherwise by everyone else in my class, just got to hope everyone found it that hard for you sake :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I hope so as well :P My friend in the FM class found it very hard even though hes had a teacher all year, I guess it somewhat says something about the teaching, I think only me and my friend were the only people confident on an A after that.
Ah well must focus on history now and wait for ms when I get home
Yeah I hope so as well :P My friend in the FM class found it very hard even though hes had a teacher all year, I guess it somewhat says something about the teaching, I think only me and my friend were the only people confident on an A after that.
Ah well must focus on history now and wait for ms when I get home

Yeah, try and forget about this exam and just set your mind into history mode, good luck by the way :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 523
Yeah, try and forget about this exam and just set your mind into history mode, good luck by the way :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers :smile:
Well there is still the possibility as the marks I think I lost I should gain from special consideration which gives you 5% of the marks on top of what you got, because I got disturbed by the fire alarm whilst I was sitting the exam which was rather annoying and was when I made my mistake I think too, oh well though, there always all my other Maths exams to ace! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow..special consideration.
But they give you extra time, not extra marks! I think...[:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
Wow..special consideration.
But they give you extra time, not extra marks! I think...[:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, it's 5% marks as I asked my teacher, but we never got anymore time added on afterwards, so yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, it's 5% marks as I asked my teacher, but we never got anymore time added on afterwards, so yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

But 5% is so much marks!.
Nevermind, hope it has not much effect on the grade boundaries :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
must focus on history now

:cry2:

E, here I come :unimpressed:
(edited 10 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's about 3-4 marks, the amount I think I lost so I'm hoping its all in my favour and I didn't lose anymore :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's about 3-4 marks, the amount I think I lost so I'm hoping its all in my favour and I didn't lose anymore :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're lucky... Gives you extra time to think about things, although it can ruin flow in essays... Still, I'd want a fire alarm!
I did so poorly in the M1 exam which is sort of disappointing considering I was doing quite well in my exam prep!
Reply 531
Any thoughts on grade boundaries for m1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, it's just one guy (or school), I doubt it'll have an effect on the grade boundaries :lol:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
You're lucky... Gives you extra time to think about things, although it can ruin flow in essays... Still, I'd want a fire alarm!

There wasn't any extra time added though, so just had the distraction :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
There wasn't any extra time added though, so just had the distraction :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I think we'd have stopped the time... Did a fire drill, and then go back, and have the time we had left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, of course you found found it straightforward. If you've done STEP/AEA prep, even the toughest possible A-level paper is cake!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oh, I think we'd have stopped the time... Did a fire drill, and then go back, and have the time we had left.

Do a fire drill? :eyeball: If you're stuck on a question, that could potentially save you... so much extra time to think :ahee:
Original post by justinawe
Don't worry, it's just one guy (or school), I doubt it'll have an effect on the grade boundaries :lol:

It will only be 2 students at my school that'll be for the 100, including myself, the rest will be at C's or lower even with the special consideration after hearing their responses and answers to the questions so it won't affect it at all really :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, of course you found found it straightforward. If you've done STEP/AEA prep, even the toughest possible A-level paper is cake!

Well, if failing this exam has done me any good it's taught me how annoying I sound when I exclaim "that was easy" after an exam that was hard for others!
(edited 10 years ago)
Do a fire drill? :eyeball: If you're stuck on a question, that could potentially save you... so much extra time to think :ahee:

Yep. And discuss :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending