The Student Room Group

The islamic infiltration of the United Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psZBaJU_Cvo

Watched this and have to say it filled me with great sadness of what is happening to our country, will a main stream party ever tackle this issue which seems to be ever spiralling out of control

Thinking about Enoch Powell's 'Rivers of Blood' speech maybe this will or won't happen but it looks like it will be the white natives blood running through the streets or none believers..
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

As a Muslim myself the guys in that video are speaking rubbish.

But then so is your thread title.
(edited 10 years ago)
"Respect the law of the land you're living in"

She is very right there, goes to show how uninformed and misleading the people in the protest can be. Also chanting hate speech like that gives them no ground to stand on.
I'll keep saying this until the message gets through - these are Salafis.

This is the disease of Salafism.
Absolutely terrible, the way that woman told her to go put some clothes on...

You come to our country, you respect our way of life. No debate about it whatsoever.
Reply 5
Thankfully, Salafis are not that popular amongst mainstream Muslims. They hate on Muslims as much as they hate on non-Muslims.
Original post by Eb1234
Thankfully, Salafis are not that popular amongst mainstream Muslims. They hate on Muslims as much as they hate on non-Muslims.

This is definitely true. Salafi speakers always seem so... angry for some reason
Reply 7
It's a shame that instead of actually trying to learn and understand about Islam, she preferred to do selective shots and interviews (probably was selective of those too) on a small minority of individuals and paint a brush upon Muslims/Islam as a whole (as the OP has clearly brought).

Also, not all Salafi's are like this, which is another generalisation by people who buy into media labels. A lot of those protests were organised by the likes of Anjem Choudry and his Mojo's.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
A lot of salafis are lovely people. It's the loud judgmental ones that give the rest a bad name.
Original post by Eb1234
A lot of salafis are lovely people. It's the loud judgmental ones that give the rest a bad name.

They sound wonderful people don't they?????? It is time to change the law on this kind of demonstration. If the police need to arrest someone, then they will do it, and no demonstration by a minority should ever be allowed to override the majority voice of political consensus.
Reply 10
Original post by nimrodstower
They sound wonderful people don't they?????? It is time to change the law on this kind of demonstration. If the police need to arrest someone, then they will do it, and no demonstration by a minority should ever be allowed to override the majority voice of political consensus.

everyone has a right to try to influence the local government- as long as it's done according to law. If the majority can't be arsed to vote/act against the laud minority, than they shouldn't be able to keep their freedoms.
Reply 11
Oh for Pete's sake what is everyone's problem with Islam? Whenever I look on TSR there's always a thread about Islam and its getting really boring now.
The sooner we forget talking about it, the sooner we'll grow up and dismiss our ignorance towards this religion!

I'm not even a Muslim and I'm tired!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
True muslims dont behave like that... theyve lost their mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by momo26396
Oh for Pete's sake what is everyone's problem with Islam? Whenever I look on TSR there's always a thread about Islam and its getting really boring now.
The sooner we forget talking about it, the sooner we'll grow up and dismiss our ignorance towards this religion!

Ask yourself why it keeps getting discussed. Islam is not something you should be hasty about sweeping under the carpet.
Reply 14
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
I'll keep saying this until the message gets through - these are Salafis.

This is the disease of Salafism.

I'll repeat myself, what is your problems with Salafis?

Also what do you believe a salafi is?
Reply 15
They want the UK to burn in hell yet they chose to emigrate there under their own free will... I can't help but think that they must have become radicalized in the UK. Perhaps that is where the solution to the problem lies?
Reply 16
Original post by Algorithm69
Well if the video is anything to go by I think his problem is pretty obvious.

Why is the video anything to go by though? The other poster seems to hate Salafis and I wanted to know why and who he thinks Salafis are.
Original post by DK_Tipp
They want the UK to burn in hell yet they chose to emigrate there under their own free will... I can't help but think that they must have become radicalized in the UK. Perhaps that is where the solution to the problem lies?

It doesn't necessarily follow. People emigrate for all sorts of educational and economic reasons, and a lot believe they can change the country they are going to, or at least maintain their own community.

However, you could be right in the sense that later generation immigrants often have a certain nostalgia about their ancestral country that the original immigrants passed down, but that becomes disproportionate over time. (For a simpler example, look at how Irish Americans are more Irish than the Irish when it comes to dressing as Leprechauns and painting things green on St Patrick's day). Coupled with the fact they will have grown up in a household with a certain defensiveness, occasionally bordering on hostility, towards the host country, as their parents try to maintain their own culture, and then adding religion into the picture, it's quite possible that later generation immigrants are slightly more vulnerable to radicalisation.

(Not all of them, obviously, this is just a way of looking at why some people might be :smile:).
Reply 18
Original post by Octohedral
It doesn't necessarily follow. People emigrate for all sorts of educational and economic reasons, and a lot believe they can change the country they are going to, or at least maintain their own community.

However, you could be right in the sense that later generation immigrants often have a certain nostalgia about their ancestral country that the original immigrants passed down, but that becomes disproportionate over time. (For a simpler example, look at how Irish Americans are more Irish than the Irish when it comes to dressing as Leprechauns and painting things green on St Patrick's day). Coupled with the fact they will have grown up in a household with a certain defensiveness, occasionally bordering on hostility, towards the host country, as their parents try to maintain their own culture, and then adding religion into the picture, it's quite possible that later generation immigrants are slightly more vulnerable to radicalisation.

(Not all of them, obviously, this is just a way of looking at why some people might be :smile:).

Being Irish I can relate to that analogy... My point is that if you want to shut this sort of thing down you have to consider what the UK government can do to combat extremism. I'm not a British citizen (although I do live in the UK currently) so I'm not going to give a lecture on how I think you should do that but I think it should be two pronged- clamp down on Islamic leaders who stir up anti-UK sentiment and clamp down on organisations like the EDL who want to create anti-Islam racial tensions driving young men in to the hands of those radical leaders.
Original post by Reform
I'll repeat myself, what is your problems with Salafis?

Also what do you believe a salafi is?

My problem is their behaviour.

And you know quite well who Salafis are. Salafis are those who follow a particular movement oriented around a literalist reading of the Quran, the beliefs of particular individuals like ibn Taymiyya and his students, the practices of the first three generations of Muslims.

Though the above is not important actually, they can call themselves the Wahab-tang clan for all I care, and say they believe God's shin hairs make up ibn Taymiyyah's beard. What what matters in practical terms is that it's an identifiable movement within Sunni Islam with it's own mosques and clerics whose teachings originate mostly in Saudi Arabia, and who continue abdul Wahhab's puritanical legacy, often through violence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending