The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
Why do all my friends know my examination timetable better than me LOL, they're like 'GOOD LUCK FOR MATHS!!!' and i'm like urm..so whens your next exam? :doh:
Reply 2301
Original post by Xx4L3x
5cosθ 2sinθ = 0,

prove tanx = 2.5

divide through by cosθ bring -2tanθ to the other side and finally divide everything by 2.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Xx4L3x
5cosθ 2sinθ = 0,

prove tanx = 2.5

tanx or tanθ?

People seem to have been posting this same question a lot lately :redface: I'd have thought it was fairly simple

5cosθ2sinθ=05\cos \theta - 2 \sin \theta = 0

5cosθ=2sinθ5\cos \theta = 2\sin \theta

sinθcosθ=52\dfrac{\sin \theta}{\cos \theta} = \dfrac{5}{2}
Reply 2303
5cosθ=2sinθ,tanθ=sincos2sinθcosθ=55\cos \theta = 2\sin \theta , \tan \theta =\frac{sin}{cos} \therefore 2\frac{sin\theta }{cos\theta }=5
2tanθ=5tanθ=52\rightarrow 2tan\theta =5 \therefore tan\theta =\frac{5}{2}
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Xx4L3x
5cosθ 2sinθ = 0,

prove tanx = 2.5

Add 2sin theta to both sides
Divide by cos theta
Divide by 2

Tan.theta = 2.5
When I get home I'm gonna try all these questions out! I've missed doing Maths quite a lot for the past 4 days but I'm now back! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2306
Original post by Felix Felicis
Old but gold. :awesome:

Spoiler

Hmm, interesting result...
Reply 2307
Old but gold. :awesome:

Spoiler

Let S=12+2232+42...(n1)2+n2S=-1^2+2^2-3^2+4^2-...-(n-1)^2+n^2, where n is arbitrarily chosen to be even.

S=(2212)+(4232)+...(n2(n1)2)[br]S=(1+2)+(3+4)+...((n1)+n)[br]S=1+2+3+4+...+(n1)+n[br]S+1=1+2+3+4+...+(n1)+n(n+1)+(n+2)[br]S+a=1+2+3+4+...+(n1)+n(n+1)+(n+2)(n+3)+...(n+2a1)+(n+2a)\Rightarrow S=(2^2-1^2)+(4^2-3^2)+...(n^2-(n-1)^2)[br]\Rightarrow S=(1+2)+(3+4)+...((n-1)+n)[br]\Rightarrow S=1+2+3+4+...+(n-1)+n[br]\Rightarrow S+1=1+2+3+4+...+(n-1)+n-(n+1)+(n+2)[br]\Rightarrow S+a=1+2+3+4+...+(n-1)+n-(n+1)+(n+2)-(n+3)+...-(n+2a-1)+(n+2a),
so all S can be constructed by altering the signs of the original series of differences of squares.

I'm too tired and busy to be rigorous and consider/write-up different case as well as part 2! :lol: But is that the bulk of it? (i.e. have I done something stupid? I almost-definitely have)
Reply 2308
Original post by GCSE-help
Are we all anticipating a hard C2 paper tomorrow?

Can C2 ever be made hard? :s-smilie:
Original post by Chloe_P

Would you like to find out? :evil:
Reply 2310
Original post by Chloe_P

Original post by joostan
Would you like to find out? :evil:

I suggest you don't ask that, especially in this forum :innocent:
Original post by Jkn

[br]S+1=1+2+3+4+...+(n1)+n(n+1)+(n+2)[br]S+a=1+2+3+4+...+(n1)+n(n+1)+(n+2)(n+3)+...(n+2a1)+(n+2a)[br]\Rightarrow S+1=1+2+3+4+...+(n-1)+n-(n+1)+(n+2)[br]\Rightarrow S+a=1+2+3+4+...+(n-1)+n-(n+1)+(n+2)-(n+3)+...-(n+2a-1)+(n+2a),
so all S can be constructed by altering the signs of the original series of differences of squares.

I'm too tired and busy to be rigorous and consider/write-up different case as well as part 2! :lol: But is that the bulk of it? (i.e. have I done something stupid? I almost-definitely have)

I don't think doing that works because you have pairs of numbers switching their signs, not just one number as you seem to suggest above. So by changing the signs of the differences of 12+22 -1^2 + 2^2 in 12+2232+42 -1^2 + 2^2 -3^2 + 4^2 we get the sum S=(1+2)+(3+4) S= -(1+2) + (3+4)
Original post by tigerz
I suggest you don't ask that, especially in this forum :innocent:

Hehe I'm so evil, :angelblush: if I manage to ilicit a positive response I shall seek an absolute monster of a q :eyeball:
Original post by Chloe_P

Something can definitely be made hard. :sexface:
Reply 2314
Original post by Chloe_P

wow hey there ms confident

I somehow just knew you'd post a response like this :mmm:
Reply 2316
Original post by joostan
Hehe I'm so evil, :angelblush: if I manage to ilicit a positive response I shall seek an absolute monster of a q :eyeball:

LOOOL! *hides*

I wonder why i'm not surprised with that response :mmm: :lol:
Reply 2317
Original post by justinawe
I somehow just knew you'd post a response like this :mmm:

LOOL :five:

I'm not too proud to admit that I was doing some stalking earlier what's this about you and mods? :sexface:

Spoiler

Original post by tigerz
LOOOL! *hides*

:007::security:
You can't run, you can't hide.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz

Mi polla es muy dura :mmm:

Latest

Trending