The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3100
Original post by MathsNerd1
I see, I'm just up at that time cause I feel like it :wink: Nah its really because I'm either going to 6th form or going to work, that's only once a week now though! And that's unfortunate, mine tried to make me do the same thing but I said no as my revision is more important :tongue:

LOOL, haha yeah I managed to skip chores for 2 weeks, I don't have an excuse anymore :dontknow: thats the disadvantage of being the only other female -.-

The word 'no' doesn't exist in the dictionary of typical Asian mums, when she says 'can you do the washing?' she actually means 'do the washing or else'

Original post by justinawe
Me too... I wake up, eat, and then go back to sleep :teehee:

All or nothing :colone:

Spoiler

:five: Can't sleep when i'm hungry so I get up, go down, eat, go back to bed, half the time I can't even remember what I ate the night before LOOL

Hahahaa ofc, can you imagine someone saying that?

Spoiler

Speaking of UMS just got 88 ums for a chem paper >.< (Then again my target is 87)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
LOOL, haha yeah I manage to skip chores for 2 weeks, I don't have an excuse anymore :dontknow: thats the disadvantage of being the only other female -.-

The word 'no' doesn't exist in the dictionary of typical Asian mums, when she says 'can you do the washing?' she actually means 'do the washing or else'

Lucky enough for me I've still got another 4 weeks to go so I can still get out of all the work :tongue: And my mum is rather strict as well but I just tell her no then walk off, it always backfires later on in the day though when she makes me cook my own dinner.
Who else is gonna go All In for M2? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm planning on nailing that exam! Bring it on :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean?
M2 is going to be my biatch :K:
I'm planning on nailing that exam! Bring it on :biggrin:

Hoping for a hard or easy paper?

I want a hard one, it'll drop the 100UMS by at least one mark and it'll be more interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3107
Lucky enough for me I've still got another 4 weeks to go so I can still get out of all the work :tongue: And my mum is rather strict as well but I just tell her no then walk off, it always backfires later on in the day though when she makes me cook my own dinner.

LOOL awwh, can never escape from mothers eh? :P Ahh yes a month of excuses! lmao yeah she makes sure I cook at least once a week for the family!
Everyone says C3 and C4 is significantly harder, my teacher told this arrogant boy that he can't get an A* in C3 and C4 because he cant even get 90 ums in C1 and C2 you reckon this is true? (Although its probably true, hes so annoying -.-)

Unless ofc you didn't revise C1 and C2 properly but went crazy with C3 and C4
Hoping for a hard or easy paper?

I want a hard one, it'll drop the 100UMS by at least one mark and it'll be more interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want one that is similar to Jan 2010 in difficulty, that will make it interesting :colone:

Edit: Clearly someone doesn't want a challenging paper :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
LOOL awwh, can never escape from mothers eh? :P Ahh yes a month of excuses! lmao yeah she makes sure I cook at least once a week for the family!
Everyone says C3 and C4 is significantly harder, my teacher told this arrogant boy that he can't get an A* in C3 and C4 because he cant even get 90 ums in C1 and C2 you reckon this is true? (Although its probably true, hes so annoying -.-)

Unless ofc you didn't revise C1 and C2 properly but went crazy with C3 and C4

Not at all and well they are harder, I wouldn't say significantly but you do have to work at it mainly. Also I would say your teacher is wrong as I didn't get 90 UMS in either C1 or C2 and last week I got 100% in my C4 mock where the rest of the class got E's :tongue: It just depends how much he wants it really.
Reply 3110
Not at all and well they are harder, I wouldn't say significantly but you do have to work at it mainly. Also I would say your teacher is wrong as I didn't get 90 UMS in either C1 or C2 and last week I got 100% in my C4 mock where the rest of the class got E's :tongue: It just depends how much he wants it really.

Ahh awesome, sick one :wink: ! I'm gonna work extra hard for C3 and C4 then!
Meh, he doesn't work, he expects good grades with no effort which is probably why she said that to him
I'm looking through the spec (for A2 since we're starting that in 3 weeks) and then I see that there's at least 1 question on C3 papers that will be a proof question.. why edexcel?
Original post by tigerz
Ahh awesome, sick one :wink: ! I'm gonna work extra hard for C3 and C4 then!
Meh, he doesn't work, he expects good grades with no effort which is probably why she said that to him

Thanks and yeah, as long as you understand the content and work on it quite a lot then there is no reason why you couldn't get a really good score in them and he sounds like what I was like last year :tongue:
Reply 3113
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I'm looking through the spec (for A2 since we're starting that in 3 weeks) and then I see that there's at least 1 question on C3 papers that will be a proof question.. why edexcel?

How did you find C2 yesterday? :smile: Also, I kind of like proofs :colondollar:

Thanks and yeah, as long as you understand the content and work on it quite a lot then there is no reason why you couldn't get a really good score in them and he sounds like what I was like last year :tongue:

YAAY :smile: haha, he may pull through in the end but hes doing bad in quite a few of his subjects :s Oh well we shall wait and see! Depends on how motivated he is really
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
How did you find C2 yesterday? :smile: Also, I kind of like proofs :colondollar:

It was alright :smile: lost around 9 marks (the cos trig question and the integration question) hoping to scrape an A now :smile: how about you? Fair enough AS proofs, but I can only imagine what A2 proofs must be like, there's also a new topic called 'numerical methods' :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colone: Count me in
It was alright :smile: lost around 9 marks (the cos trig question and the integration question) hoping to scrape an A now :smile: how about you? Fair enough AS proofs, but I can only imagine what A2 proofs must be like, there's also a new topic called 'numerical methods' :s-smilie:

Numerical methods questions are free marks, trust me on this one :tongue:

There are no real "proofs" in A-level maths, even at A2. It's still the same old ridiculously straightforward "show" questions where you apply one rule or formula and the whole answer just falls out nicely :redface:
Original post by Felix Felicis
M2 is going to be my biatch :K:

You're sitting M2?

Why bother, you're getting a 100 anyway:biggrin: Good luck.
(edited 10 years ago)

That has got to be the dullest thing ever :nothing:
Original post by reubenkinara
What do you mean?

I just wanted to know who else wanted to go All In or for full raw marks in M2 (like in Poker they put all their money in).

But apparently a lot (if you apply the law of averages :biggrin:) is going for 100% than I thought and that means its again not going to be easy.

I have not much idea of how M2 feels like for everyone else as I don't do it at school but the grade boundaries suggests its the same as M1 and that's again scary :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending