The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
It won't be him. For his age he isn't attractive enough to lead a prime time drama aimed at teens and families.
Original post by The Rusty Spork
It won't be him. For his age he isn't attractive enough to lead a prime time drama aimed at teens and families.

I wonder. Here's the story.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10108234/BBC-asks-James-Bond-star-to-be-its-new-Doctor-Who.html

It's difficult to believe the Torygraph would have broken this without solid backing, but then again, perhaps the Doctor Who team are engaging in some deliberate media disinformation, just to keep the story bubbling.
David tennant was cool
not attractive enough ? tf why does the doctor have to be 'attractive'. Are you ladies looking to bend over and let him fertilize you?
If they want to keep it for kiddies then i agree but if there going a bit darker then he could be good.
Original post by scapepower
not attractive enough ? tf why does the doctor have to be 'attractive'. Are you ladies looking to bend over and let him fertilize you?

Because sex sells. Half of the reason many "fans" watch DW these days is because the Doctors and their assistants are hot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I wonder. Here's the story.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10108234/BBC-asks-James-Bond-star-to-be-its-new-Doctor-Who.html

It's difficult to believe the Torygraph would have broken this without solid backing, but then again, perhaps the Doctor Who team are engaging in some deliberate media disinformation, just to keep the story bubbling.

I'd feel reluctant for the role to go to someone who has never watched DW. I feel like they would fail to understand (and therefore capture) the essence of it.

Also on the credibility of the story, I thought they always auditioned rather than straight out offering someone the role.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rascacielos
Because sex sells. Half of the reason many "fans" watch DW these days is because the Doctors and their assistants are hot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I watch it because i like the story lines , the mystery and other-worldy experience...

I honestly prefer the doctor to clara oswald or any assistant lol.

I can think of many 'hotter' tennis players. No doctor so far is better looking than nadal or ferrerr , in my view.
Reply 1668

Because that is how television works :facepalm2: Karen Gillan and JLC were primarily brought in because the dads and lads enjoyed looking at them.
What about lee nelson as the new doctor?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1670
Original post by Kelani
What about lee nelson as the new doctor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's actually a doctor =P. He might take the role too literally...
I watch it because i like the story lines , the mystery and other-worldy experience...

I honestly prefer the doctor to clara oswald or any assistant lol.

I can think of many 'hotter' tennis players. No doctor so far is better looking than nadal or ferrerr , in my view.

I'm not sure about Ferrer, but I agree with Nadal. Not entirely sure of the relevance to the point that the Doctors are always going to be attractive.

Yes, I watch it for reasons other than the attractive actors, although I'm not going to deny that I enjoy looking at Matt Smith and David Tennant also. But many DW viewers are drawn in purely because of the physical attraction.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm not sure about Ferrer, but I agree with Nadal. Not entirely sure of the relevance to the point that the Doctors are always going to be attractive.

Yes, I watch it for reasons other than the attractive actors, although I'm not going to deny that I enjoy looking at Matt Smith and David Tennant also. But many DW viewers are drawn in purely because of the physical attraction.

David Ferrer in my view is more interesting looking - but no problem.

So you accept rafael nadal is better looking than any of the doctors so far :biggrin: Plus he is taller/stronger.

And yes, a woman of your caliber certainly would not just watch the show for looks:smile:
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Because that is how television works :facepalm2: Karen Gillan and JLC were primarily brought in because the dads and lads enjoyed looking at them.

...thought i was the only one that found clara oswald pretty inside and out.
David Ferrer in my view is more interesting looking - but no problem.

So you accept rafael nadal is better looking than any of the doctors so far :biggrin:

No, I don't accept that! Just that Nadal is good looking. Matt Smith and Matt Bomer are currently joint no. 1 on my list. :sexface:

Plus he is taller/stronger.

Matt Smith, David Tennant and Rafael Nadal are all taller than me... so I'm not really fussed about their relative heights!

And yes, a woman of your caliber certainly would not just watch the show for looks:smile:

Not sure whether you're being sarcastic. :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
No, I don't accept that! Just that Nadal is good looking. Matt Smith and Matt Bomer are currently joint no. 1 on my list. :sexface:

Matt Smith, David Tennant and Rafael Nadal are all taller than me... so I'm not really fussed about their relative heights!

Not sure whether you're being sarcastic. :confused:

No sarcsm=p it seems i can't make you a nadal fan(a proper nadal fan!).
I was thinking the other day and was wondering about Eddie Redmayne as the Doctor...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I was thinking the other day and was wondering about Eddie Redmayne as the Doctor...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never heard of him so he probably has a chance :tongue:
Ooops, got my series 7 part 2 today and when I put the disc in wondered why the pic didnt look so great and realised I had bought the dvds instead of the blu rays! Silly me.
Original post by SciFiRory
I've never heard of him so he probably has a chance :tongue:

He was in Les Mis, but also the BBC version of Tess of the D'Urbervilles :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest