The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Might actually start watching again.
I liked Matt Smith, but with him it is very hard to take the show seriously, and I think Capaldi will fix that :awesome:
Original post by Aula
It cannot be linked, but there is a pretty awesome youtube video putting Malcolm Tucker into a Doctor Who trailer :mmm:

Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Legend :lol: Anyone up for a Thick of It Marathon?

Omg that show is joke! My favourite Capaldi bit " i'm going to perform a live autopsy and make cuff links out of your kidneys" haahaha lol
Steven Moffat will also be leaving when Matt Smith does, right? Otherwise he may ruin another incarnation of the Doctor... :s-smilie:
Original post by Crazy Redd
Steven Moffat will also be leaving when Matt Smith does, right? Otherwise he may ruin another incarnation of the Doctor... :s-smilie:

Unfortunately not... :s-smilie::frown:
Original post by Crazy Redd

Moffat has said he will be back for series 8. Also he also said he is past the halfway mark of his reign. I think he might do one or two more series. He will probably leave when Clara does.

I agree with you in the fact that I am not a massive fan of his take on the doctor, but he has pulled off some decent episodes. I'm hoping he uses the christmas special to tie up all his plot holes with eleven. Hopefully he can pull of an intro of eleventh hour standards for 12 then spend that series building up 12 then leaving.
Just in case this hasn't been posted yet :biggrin:

It's... So perfect.

Original post by pseudonymegg
Omg that show is joke! My favourite Capaldi bit " i'm going to perform a live autopsy and make cuff links out of your kidneys" haahaha lol

XD I just really love all the eye acting he does, the man can glare with the best of them.
Original post by Feefifofum
Um. That may be true for some people but it's certainly not true across the board. There are loads of Scottish accents on TV and plenty of us (myself include) find the Scottish accent pleasant to listen to.

Not as many as there should be though, and its true in general but goes back generations.

People feel more comfortable hearing an English accent, not just on tv though as I worked in a SCOTTISH call centre and they tried hiring the ones that sounded more English

It is understandable though as people have comfort zones
Just in case this hasn't been posted yet :biggrin:

It's... So perfect.

XD I just really love all the eye acting he does, the man can glare with the best of them.

Lol, that picture is superb.

One of my top Malcolm Tucker moments: "Don't you ever, ever call me a bully! I am so much worse than that."
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Lol, that picture is superb.

One of my top Malcolm Tucker moments: "Don't you ever, ever call me a bully! I am so much worse than that."

Happy Capaldi radiates happy feels. I think I have the Scotland documentary he did on my Sky Box somewhere so I think that is in need of another watch...

Yush! <3 It's the slight pause he gives before he says 'I am so much worse than that' that makes it so perfect. There's also the moment in the first ep at the beginning where he's essentially throwing the bloke under the bus, and after the guy snaps at him he just tilts his head down ever so slowly and bears his teeth as if he's going to rip out his jugular.

Oh and seeing the 'shapeshifter' quote earlier :colone: Swears have been replaced because i'm paranoid like that and somehow censored Malcolm makes me giggle.

Ben: But you said I had a chance! Half an hour ago you said I was in with a shot!

Malcolm: Don't bloomin' get... Look, half an hour ago you were in with a shot! This is half an hour hence! We've bleedin' time-travelled, yes? We're in a weird and wonderful world where everything is different! Maybe outside the polar ice caps have melted! Maybe there's flipping robots knocking about and Davina Maccoll is the new Pope! Maybe you can download rice! I want you, right now, to think about your own future, ok? Think about what you are doing, get yourself back on the train to freakin' Thomasville pronto, yeah? "Half an hour"...

:mmm:

I would totally watch a DW ep with Davina Maccoll: Space Pope :yep:
Reply 2111
i really hope someone somehow brings back the 'kandy man', because im sure they'll make him seem way more darker and scarier than in the classics?

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by annie.z
i really hope someone somehow brings back the 'kandy man', because im sure they'll make him seem way more darker and scarier than in the classics?

but i doubt that they ever will

And the Margaret Thatcher expy from the same episode :biggrin:
Original post by annie.z

but i doubt that they ever will

Oh Mccoy, they gave him some rubbish scripts didn't they? He was a sadistic son of a gun though and he did actually scare me a bit first time around, mostly because he was quite fast and he has a Professor Robutnik style mustache. He certainly has my vote to come back :h:
Reply 2114
total let down:
http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-kandy-man-returns-3415.htm
and it never happened.. i wonder if moffat would have even been able to pull it off.
:dry::puppyeyes:

oh well
(edited 10 years ago)
Well look what we have here...

[video="youtube;9tchuZx0mNY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tchuZx0mNY[/video]

:teehee: Please let this be the new uniform Moffat, thou shalt do no wrong if this comes to pass.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2116

:teehee: Please let this be the new uniform Moffat, thou shalt do no wrong if this comes to pass.

:crossedf:i really hope so
Reply 2117
Thing is, we don't really know who Twelve is. We know who plays him (AND HE'S GLORIOUS) but we don't know Twelve. I'm mostly looking forward to knowing what he wears, his new TARDIS (If he gets one) and his personality. :smile:
Reply 2118
Honestly there couldn't have been a better choice. I'd like to see what he wears as the Doctor.
I've just spent all day watching videos of him as Malcolm Tucker, and my swear word count is off the charts.

I like him already.

Quick Reply

Latest