The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Just a heads up i've also found a second Facebook page for Oxford Brookes freshers if anyone is interested :smile: it's called 'Oxford Brookes Freshers 2014-2015'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 241
Conditional offer for Computer Science! :smile:
Reply 242
Hey! I'm applying to OB in 2014 as a mature student (grand old age of 25). I'm looking to do Music and Philosophy, bit of a mad mix but why not? Anyway was wondering if anyone else is applying for this course at OB...
Reply 243
just got an offer for International Hospitality Management, just 10 days after sending my application! very happy with it :smile: anyone got offers for the same course?
Reply 244
Sent off my application last night for computer science and Japanese studies! If anyone else is applying to either one of those feel free to PM me :smile:
Reply 245
Conditional offer for Maths :smile:
Conditional offer for History <3
Reply 247
How many days did you guys' offer take to come through after you applied?

Two days waiting and I'm already getting anxious haha
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 248
Original post by Adam7918
How many days did you guys' offer take to come through after you applied?

Two days waiting and I'm already getting anxious haha

UCAS received my application on the 13th December, and I got an offer from Brookes on the 2nd :smile:
Reply 249
Original post by mel_
UCAS received my application on the 13th December, and I got an offer from Brookes on the 2nd :smile:

You applied to computer science too! Took 3 weeks for you? Not sure I can survive waiting that long haha.
Reply 250
You applied to computer science too! Took 3 weeks for you? Not sure I can survive waiting that long haha.

Yeah, it's been hell waiting for replies! Will probably take less time for you, as I had to wait for universities to come back from Christmas holidays :smile:

3 weeks is long? :biggrin: I am still waiting to hear back from Publishing since 1 Nov!
Reply 252
Original post by Barnus
3 weeks is long? :biggrin: I am still waiting to hear back from Publishing since 1 Nov!

Wow that's insane. Do you know anyone else who has applied for publishing and if they've gotten offers yet?
Reply 253
I applied for Anthropology on the 19th December. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Reply 254
Wow that's insane. Do you know anyone else who has applied for publishing and if they've gotten offers yet?

I've got an offer for Publishing :smile:
We have a theory with another overseas applicant (I am one as well) that foreigners haven't got any offers yet, only students from the UK did. We hope this will change soon with the January application deadline coming up.. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 256
Original post by Barnus
We have a theory with another overseas applicant (I am one as well) that foreigners haven't got any offers yet, only students from the UK did. We hope this will change soon with the January application deadline coming up.. :smile:

That could be true, yeah. Hopefully you'll be getting an offer shortly after the deadline!
That could be true, yeah. Hopefully you'll be getting an offer shortly after the deadline!

Hopefully! I've heard that Brookes has a different approach for international students, and I'd be willing to guess that I'm not from a country that's a huge admissions priority. (There's 200+ Chinese students, for example, but only 23 Canadians, according to the website) Fingers crossed for some good news after next week!
Reply 258
Original post by maggiesoares
Hopefully! I've heard that Brookes has a different approach for international students, and I'd be willing to guess that I'm not from a country that's a huge admissions priority. (There's 200+ Chinese students, for example, but only 23 Canadians, according to the website) Fingers crossed for some good news after next week!

Yeah, I assume they're prioritising countries they are trying to build relations with. I'll cross my fingers for you also!
Original post by maggiesoares

Where did you find stats like that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending