The Student Room Group

Cima vs aca

Okay which is harder?

Ive heard that ACA students are working like 14 hour days. Like they have to study 4 hours after work each day?

whats it like doing CIMA?
Original post by wartortle
Okay which is harder?

Ive heard that ACA students are working like 14 hour days. Like they have to study 4 hours after work each day?

whats it like doing CIMA?

Why don't you just accept that if you want one of these qualifications then you're going to have to work hard
Reply 2
14 hours a day?? Go for what you enjoy most. Management or financial.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I would say ACA is definitely the superior qualification. I'm obviously biased but I work in the advisory arm of one of the Big 4 and all of our trainees do the ACA. We do absolutely no financial accounting day to day but the big 4 still prefer ACA. We actually probably deal with mgmt accounts more often due to working in the area receiverships and liquidations. The simple fact is ACA is held in higher esteem.
Reply 4
Original post by GR3YFOXXX
I would say ACA is definitely the superior qualification. I'm obviously biased but I work in the advisory arm of one of the Big 4 and all of our trainees do the ACA. We do absolutely no financial accounting day to day but the big 4 still prefer ACA. We actually probably deal with mgmt accounts more often due to working in the area receiverships and liquidations. The simple fact is ACA is held in higher esteem.

so that means its a tougher qualification?
it take 3 years?
while cima take 2?
Reply 5
it take 3 years?
while cima take 2?

I'm not sure if its tougher as I have only sat ACA exams.
Reply 6
it take 3 years?
while cima take 2?

I do CIMA, having no real interest in going into tax or audit.

I think the exams are tough, especially as you get to the management stages and things are more technical.

I'd say that they're probably tough in a different way to ACA, in that you have to study/go to classes in you spare time whilst working - so it takes up evenings and weekends.

The ACA lessons and exams are taken in one block at a time, so you go to lessons instead of going to work.

Both take the same amount of time to qualify - 3 years. You could do CIMA in 2 1/2 years technically, if you went crazy and took 3 exams at a time after foundation stage. But the recommended (and sane) amount is 2 exams.

I'd say ACA is held in higher esteem as it's more difficult to get onto, but in my opinion if you found yourself doing CIMA on a finance grad scheme in a FTSE 100, it holds an equal level of prestige.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Pipsico

I think the exams are tough, especially as you get to the management stages and things are more technical.

I'd say that they're probably tough in a different way to ACA, in that you have to study/go to classes in you spare time whilst working - so it takes up evenings and weekends.

The ACA lessons and exams are taken in one block at a time, so you go to lessons instead of going to work.

Both take the same amount of time to qualify - 3 years. You could do CIMA in 2 1/2 years technically, if you went crazy and took 3 exams at a time after foundation stage. But the recommended (and sane) amount is 2 exams.

I'd say ACA is held in higher esteem as it's more difficult to get onto, but in my opinion if you found yourself doing CIMA on a finance grad scheme in a FTSE 100, it holds an equal level of prestige.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What does your job involve? Could you please tell me. I'm interested in CIMA but don't have much of an idea what stuff you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Pipsico

Posted from TSR Mobile

i saw a graduate scheme at one supermarket, forgot which but they want you to do it in 2 years?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending