Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by abie_lark
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO THERE.

So happy I've finally found a post about this! I'm Abie, 20 years old, I go to Reading uni but I didn't like my course here or the general city so I'm moving to Oxford Brookes to start as a fresher once again :smile: I'll be on Headington campus, so hopefully Clive Booth or Cheney, saw them both on open day so if you have any questions about accommodation or generally being a university student I'm all ears :cool: x

Hey!! Glad you've found the thread, it's been extremely helpful so far :biggrin: What did you think of the Clive booth ensuite and non ensuite rooms? Also what course are you doing? :smile:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by Burrows
Hey!! Glad you've found the thread, it's been extremely helpful so far :biggrin: What did you think of the Clive booth ensuite and non ensuite rooms? Also what course are you doing? :smile:

b
Holaaaa, Clive Booth looked so nice, and in comparison to the halls I'm living in right now a lot better! The lounge/kitchen space is huge there with loads of sofas - ideal for pre-drinks :wink: big field nearby, shortest walk ever to Headington Campus! I've never liked the sound of non-ensuite but I looked at the Clive Booth ones anyway and they aren't actually bad at all! It's basically like a shared house upstairs and downstairs which is cute, big kitchen/dining area again, front/back door, two seperate shower rooms and two toilets with sinks, and it's only 4/5 of you in a shared town house thing as compared to St. Patricks hall at Reading uni where one floor has to share one bathroom!!

So definitely a lot better! I'm studying Fine Art and History of Art :smile:
Reply 622
b
Holaaaa, Clive Booth looked so nice, and in comparison to the halls I'm living in right now a lot better! The lounge/kitchen space is huge there with loads of sofas - ideal for pre-drinks :wink: big field nearby, shortest walk ever to Headington Campus! I've never liked the sound of non-ensuite but I looked at the Clive Booth ones anyway and they aren't actually bad at all! It's basically like a shared house upstairs and downstairs which is cute, big kitchen/dining area again, front/back door, two seperate shower rooms and two toilets with sinks, and it's only 4/5 of you in a shared town house thing as compared to St. Patricks hall at Reading uni where one floor has to share one bathroom!!

So definitely a lot better! I'm studying Fine Art and History of Art :smile:

Ohh cool!! I was a bit nervous about the non ensuite one as it's my second choice as I want to be in Clive booth... I'm doing fine art :smile:
Phew - finally got 5 mins spare to send off my Accommodation choices:

-Clive Booth En-Suite
-Clive Booth Non En-suite
-Paul Kent
-Cheney
-Westminster Hall

Am crossing all fingers and toes for Clive Booth - gonna be nervous until I hear where I'll be... Roll on July. :s-smilie:

Original post by cremeeggaddict
when I went to the applicant day they did say there was an option to rent out your room at Cheney over the summer period, but you do have to organise it yourself before formally notifying the uni of the changes, meaning you'd have to find a tenant etc, I don't know if this helps you at all but I just thought I'd pass it on

I know that it's a possibility but the likelihood of there not being anyone willing to take on my room, or the fact that there will possibly be another couple hundred people looking to rent their rooms out is what's worrying me. That, and the fact that in the contract it states once signed that you are responsible for the room for the whole period of the contract... which makes me worry about any damage anyone might do to the room over the summer that I could end up paying for :/
Maybe I just worry about it too much :') Ahaha....
Has anyone applied/confirmed an offer from Oxford Brookes for Motorsport Engineering?
Original post by Burrows
Ohh cool!! I was a bit nervous about the non ensuite one as it's my second choice as I want to be in Clive booth... I'm doing fine art :smile:

Ahhh that's awesome! Don't worry about the non-ensuite it's still Clive Booth just a few metres down from the ensuites so you'll have plenty of chance to meet everyone!
Ahhh that's awesome! Don't worry about the non-ensuite it's still Clive Booth just a few metres down from the ensuites so you'll have plenty of chance to meet everyone!

Clive Booth seems a popular choice! I've got an unconditional offer so I'm hoping to definitely get a place!
Original post by reddevil000
Has anyone applied/confirmed an offer from Oxford Brookes for Motorsport Engineering?

yes I did :smile:,but I will be starting from year two .
Reply 628
Clive Booth seems a popular choice! I've got an unconditional offer so I'm hoping to definitely get a place!

I'm unconditional too so fingers crossed :smile:
I haven't posted on here in quite a while but basically I've firmed my unconditional to study Politics and International relations which means I'm definitely going to Brookes in September! I've put down Clive Booth en-suite as my top choice for accommodation. Is anyone else doing the same course or put down the same accommodation? :smile:
Original post by pink pineapple
I haven't posted on here in quite a while but basically I've firmed my unconditional to study Politics and International relations which means I'm definitely going to Brookes in September! I've put down Clive Booth en-suite as my top choice for accommodation. Is anyone else doing the same course or put down the same accommodation? :smile:

Hi,
I'm not doing the same course but likewise have confirmed an unconditional offer so will definitely be at oxford Brooke's in September! So excited just want it to come around now!

And Clive booth ensuite is also my top choice, which others did you choose? 😊
Original post by mattcook94
Hi,
I'm not doing the same course but likewise have confirmed an unconditional offer so will definitely be at oxford Brooke's in September! So excited just want it to come around now!

And Clive booth ensuite is also my top choice, which others did you choose? 😊

Clive booth non-ensuite, Paul Kent hall, Crescent hall and Cheney :smile: You?
Original post by pink pineapple
Clive booth non-ensuite, Paul Kent hall, Crescent hall and Cheney :smile: You?

I picked exactly the same! Just got to keep fingers crossed now!
Reply 633
Hi, just thought I'd join in too. I've firmed my conditional offer to study BA Film Studies, and applied for accomodation. I really liked Slade Park so I'm hoping to go there. I don't mind commuting, as I currently commute about an hour for school.
Original post by Burrows
I'm unconditional too so fingers crossed :smile:

Ah well done you :biggrin:, did you do foundation diploma?? I'm going to have my 21st birthday at halls ... talk about oldest fresher :colondollar: majority of the people I met in halls on the open day were around 20 years old, a lot of them did gap years so hopefully I'll be okay and get a decent flat this year!!

I got adopted by another flat in my block this year at Reading because the people in my flat weren't my type of people at all wahhh hopefully I'll be surrounded by fun loving random people!
Reply 635
Ah well done you :biggrin:, did you do foundation diploma?? I'm going to have my 21st birthday at halls ... talk about oldest fresher :colondollar: majority of the people I met in halls on the open day were around 20 years old, a lot of them did gap years so hopefully I'll be okay and get a decent flat this year!!

I got adopted by another flat in my block this year at Reading because the people in my flat weren't my type of people at all wahhh hopefully I'll be surrounded by fun loving random people!

Yeah I'll finish the foundation course in the next few weeks, I can't wait :biggrin: Well I'll be 20 so I wouldn't worry about much age difference :P Definitely... I'm so worried about being put into a flat with people who will not appreciate my randomness hahaha :smile:
Hey, I've put oxford brookes as my firm and have applied for the quantity surveying and commercial management course
I am in headington campus and is currently applying for accommodation
I will probably put Clive Booth as my first choice but not sure on the rest haha
I've finally firmed oxford brookes, after much deliberation.
I haven't really posted much (really at all :P ) on here, so i thought i'd begin so i wouldn't be a complete hermit when i arrive.
The only thing that bothers me about accommodation is the price, which i wouldn't mind so much if i could acquire employment while i study, however i'm not sure how easy it is to find a job.
either way, as evidenced here, i'm sure i'll find other individuals whom i can befriend ^_^
Anyone else put Wesminster Hall as their first choice? :smile: everyone seems to want Clive Booth!
Original post by Dominiquee06
Anyone else put Wesminster Hall as their first choice? :smile: everyone seems to want Clive Booth!

I have! I will be studying Primary Education, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending