The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry C2/C3 May 15th 2014

Scroll to see replies

I got Heat Energy for the Hydrogen Fuel Cell one.... Many people in my school did as well :O It was a 50/50 split between Electrical energy and Heat energy in my school.
Reply 281
Original post by badaman
I got Heat Energy for the Hydrogen Fuel Cell one.... Many people in my school did as well :O It was a 50/50 split between Electrical energy and Heat energy in my school.

i got electrical and someone in my school told me thats what the textbook said...
Reply 282
Guess what happened in the exam .. 15 minutes after we started our exam the bell fire rang !! OMG

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yoomi
Guess what happened in the exam .. 15 minutes after we started our exam the bell fire rang !! OMG

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? What happened!
Original post by AlphaNick
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-4402-W-SP-14.PDF

It says here it produces electrical energy.

It probably is electrical but is that a form of energy? :confused::confused:
Original post by Prerana
i got electrical and someone in my school told me thats what the textbook said...

We will just have to wait and see... :eek::eek:
Original post by badaman

What queation was this and was it in the C2 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it is a form of energy

Yeah maybe.. We will just wait and see.. 1 mark tbh. How did you find the rest of the paper?
Reply 288
what did you guys put for the caffeine question
Reply 289
Original post by badaman

Why would electrical not be a type of energy is the real question. And if it isn't, how come your computer's working so well?
It was really easy tbh,

Yeah :smile: C3 probably a bit harder than C2 if anything, but overall it was nice. Got anything tomorrow?
Reply 291
Original post by yoomi

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow what did you do? just carry on working as it was a fire drill or did you have to leave cuz it wasn't a practice?
History Paper 1 OCR B but then thats it for the week

Same! But History 1 AQA :smile: Good luck!
Reply 293
Original post by emilys7
Really? What happened!

Looool we had to left everything and go downstairs. We waited for 10 minutes i think then we just went back to the hall and they gave us 5 mins extra. The examiner teacher tried to call AQA .. And after we finished she said: she would tell AQA what happened to give us extra marks !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the question on hydrogen fuel cells, they do predominantly produce electrical energy, however, I feel like a lot of questions like that you can get away with heat because heat is basically always produced!
Reply 295
Original post by p2424
wow what did you do? just carry on working as it was a fire drill or did you have to leave cuz it wasn't a practice?

We left the exam hall for 10 mins then we came back again. They gave us 5mins extra

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 296
Original post by yoomi
looool we had to left everything and go downstairs. We waited for 10 minutes i think then we just went back to the hall and they gave us 5 mins extra. The examiner teacher tried to call aqa .. And after we finished she said: She would tell aqa what happened to give us extra marks !!

posted from tsr mobile

what?! Why didnt that happen for me??? :frown:
Reply 297
Original post by p2424
what?! Why didnt that happen for me??? :frown:

Hahaha... But I don't think they will give us any extra marks because it just 10 minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 298
I got 0.2288 for the titration hope it is correct
Some of the people on this thread are really annoying me; the people debating about who is cleverer than the other really need to tone it down a notch because you sound like 6 year olds. Furthermore, learn some manners. Not everyone will get the same marks as you; don't treat them like an idiot just because you're egotistical. If someone is asking for an answer, don't have a go at them for being wrong, or make it sound like they are a complete idiot for getting something wrong. You are coming across as horrible people.

Anyway, I found the test quite alright, especially compared to the Biology, as this seemed to actually test my knowledge rather than my application skills. But I found the 6 mark questions unsettling; I knew them, but I had never considered them coming up as 6 marks questions because I didn't think there would be a lot to say about them. Especially the one about calorimetry. I think I spent a lot of time trying to find points to make, and trying to think what would come up on the mark scheme. I also found this to be a case for some of the 6 mark questions on biology, but not all of them. What did you guys put for the caffeine question btw?

Quick Reply

Latest