The Student Room Group

Advice on applying after my gap year

Basically: Last year I applied to one uni (leeds) and failed to meet my offer due to getting the grades i did, so since last september ive worked/quit a part time job and started studying to resit all the previous alevels and take an additional alevel with tutor support which im going to get in september, as up to this point ive been self-studying.

In preparing my new application Im wondering if I can get a reference from these new tutors before october 15th or just ask my previous college tutors, as they previously gave me 3 references and im wondering if i can just ask them directly for them again or should i contact ucas about my old application references??

Ty for anyone who can help

(Subjects im resitting: Maths, physics, chemistry)
(New subject im doing: Further maths)
Reply 1
Original post by MonoAno555
Basically: Last year I applied to one uni (leeds) and failed to meet my offer due to getting the grades i did, so since last september ive worked/quit a part time job and started studying to resit all the previous alevels and take an additional alevel with tutor support which im going to get in september, as up to this point ive been self-studying.

In preparing my new application Im wondering if I can get a reference from these new tutors before october 15th or just ask my previous college tutors, as they previously gave me 3 references and im wondering if i can just ask them directly for them again or should i contact ucas about my old application references??

I think if you email your old teacher's they should be able to help
(edited 10 months ago)

Definitely ask your old sixth form/college very nicely for a reference.

Also, I did the same A levels as you and can offer some advice: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253201&page=2#post97549790

May I inquire as to which exam boards you are doing? That way, I may be able to find some more specific resources or point out especially useful ones already attached to the post you can access via that link.
Reply 3
Original post by TypicalNerd
Definitely ask your old sixth form/college very nicely for a reference.

Also, I did the same A levels as you and can offer some advice: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253201&page=2#post97549790

May I inquire as to which exam boards you are doing? That way, I may be able to find some more specific resources or point out especially useful ones already attached to the post you can access via that link.

Thanks for the reply, for the subjects:

Maths (Edexcel), Chemistry (OCR A), Physics (AQA)

I emailed both my tutors and the college and am awaiting a response currently.
Thanks for the reply, for the subjects:

Maths (Edexcel), Chemistry (OCR A), Physics (AQA)

I emailed both my tutors and the college and am awaiting a response currently.

For maths, all the resources in the attached post should be useful.

For OCR A chemistry, you ideally want to use MaChemGuy, Mr Murray-Green Chemistry tutorials and PMT as your main resources.

For AQA physics, PMT, TL physics and the A level physics online resources are your best shot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending