The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry C2/C3 May 15th 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PS4
Anyway xianglaoi or whatever your username is cos idec it is they're.
Also how many igcses or gcses for that matter did you do in year 10? How does your cv compared to mine ATM? Exactly

I did one gcse in Year 10 - but I also came in the Top 50 people in the country in a Sixth Form maths competition in year 10. I think that's gonna look better on my CV than an A* in maths...
To be fair, you sound like one of the most intelligent people in the world, so I wish I had have done four gcses last year :wink:
Reply 321
Original post by CallumS343
Yeah, same as me then. I don't really see what else you could have put as hydrogen fuel cells only made up a very small part of the course.

What did you put for why is silver resins used in a home filter?

I put silver is antibacterial
Original post by yoomi
No the answer was so obvious it was Phosphoric acid .. They gave u a clue "acid" and the pH for acid less than 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

What ehat the answer to the question below about the ion?
Original post by gcser
I put silver is antibacterial

I said 'it helps to stop the bacteria from contaminating the water, then I put that it was an anti fungal' don't think I would get the mark
Reply 324
Original post by iamastudent123
What ehat the answer to the question below about the ion?

It was a H+ ion
Did someone put for a answer on c2 paper of silicon because it has been using a lot of heat energy??
Reply 326
What did you get for the bond energies calculation on C3? I got 400 something...
Original post by GoldGhost
For that question, I said it doesn't produce Co2 emissions, which stops the greenhouse effect and then for the second reason I put that it conserves fossil fuels, not sure if the second one is correct though.

Yeah you'd get a mark for that, as you're suggesting a different form of energy. I wrote something similar to it.

Original post by CallumS343
Yeah, same as me then. I don't really see what else you could have put as hydrogen fuel cells only made up a very small part of the course.

What did you put for why is silver resins used in a home filter?

Silver is used to prevent the growth of Bacteria and also kills them.

Original post by IsaaMan
Both tests were retardly easy 55/60 is the bench marks for A* both papers check their website

Agreed, I doubt the grade boundaries would be that high and where abouts the on their website...?
Reply 328
for the gas chromatography question i wrote that using a pen will be absorbed and will produce different colours!?!?! will i get marks for saying that, or did i need to be more specific?
Original post by TKK
It was a H+ ion

how so ?? not challenging just didn't know that question and so put carbon haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found the C2 exam pretty easy. There were sections of maths, which were pretty simple and most of the questions were basically the properties of substances like metals and compounds :tongue:

I'm aiming quite high for this exam and I thought it was easier than B2 :facepalm:
What are your opinions?
Reply 331
Original post by faggstagram

Posted from TSR Mobile

h+ ions are what make things acidic
Reply 332
Original post by GeekForLife
I found the C2 exam pretty easy. There were sections of maths, which were pretty simple and most of the questions were basically the properties of substances like metals and compounds :tongue:

I'm aiming quite high for this exam and I thought it was easier than B2 :facepalm:
What are your opinions?

I agree!
Original post by Yousf
for the gas chromatography question i wrote that using a pen will be absorbed and will produce different colours!?!?! will i get marks for saying that, or did i need to be more specific?

The gas chromotography question was 2 marks, you had to say that if you drew a pen line, and it accidently dissolved in the solution, it will make a mess and will ruin the experiment because you wouldn't see the spots properly. :redface: :tongue:
Reply 334
Original post by noshahmad
That was an easy paper but I messed so much up cause I hardly revised for structures cause it's quite simple so I got most of it wrong,
The grade boundaries will be high and I done so ****,
There goes my A*

Posted from TSR Mobile[What you reckon the grade boundaries will be?]
Original post by gcser
I agree!

What did you gus put for the weird graph? And the balancing/half equations? ?
Original post by faggstagram

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahahahaha so did I, I put carbon down cos I didn't know what ion to put. When confused : stick with carbon :biggrin:
Reply 337
-facepalm:confused:
Reply 338
which box did people tick for 'science cannot prove this' ?
Reply 339
Original post by badaman
I got Heat Energy for the Hydrogen Fuel Cell one.... Many people in my school did as well :O It was a 50/50 split between Electrical energy and Heat energy in my school.

But isn't the purpose of a hydrogen fuel cell to produce electrity, heat energy is just a by product idk

Quick Reply

Latest