The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Uni Accommodation 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by BaddieG
How much is the deposit for accommodation ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends what accommodation you're in, I'm in Camden court and mines £250
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 121
Original post by Pingu96
It depends what accommodation you're in, I'm in Camden court and mines £250

At student castle it was £350, so it definitely does vary
Winn studios is 250. It depends wether the building is privately owned and just used my northumbria or not. The privately owned halls tend to want 1500 upfront rent.
I just got myself settled into New Bridge Residence for Summer School, and i would said this place is superb!
Reply 124
what date are people moving in?
Original post by hvs
what date are people moving in?

12th September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone! I intend on staying at New Bridge Street :smile: Could someone please tell me how they have already sorted out their accommodation with the Uni - I still am waiting to hear off of them in regards to accommodation which is sort of worrying :/ ?
Original post by BillyPick
Hey everyone! I intend on staying at New Bridge Street :smile: Could someone please tell me how they have already sorted out their accommodation with the Uni - I still am waiting to hear off of them in regards to accommodation which is sort of worrying :/ ?

You have to do it online mate.. Haven't you receive an email regarding on how to apply online including your log in details??
I applied for my choices when I was there on an open day in march. I got told I would be one of the first bunch of people to lock down their accommodation. I have called Northumbria University, but they just keep telling me it's all on track; which I'm not so sure about since everyone else seems to be ahead of me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
I applied for my choices when I was there on an open day in march. I got told I would be one of the first bunch of people to lock down their accommodation. I have called Northumbria University, but they just keep telling me it's all on track; which I'm not so sure about since everyone else seems to be ahead of me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

People who are definitely going to the uni (unconditional offer) are getting their allocations first. Also some people who do BTEC's etc are getting their final grades now which they send to the uni and the uni makes their offer unconditional. 70% of people are waiting for their results in August along with their accommodation offer. No one is ahead of you it makes sense to give accommodation to people who will definately take it.
I got accepted into Uni already due to me taking BTEC at college, thus I got an unconditional offer subsequently around end of June, yet still no accommodation allocations?
Reply 131
I got accepted into Uni already due to me taking BTEC at college, thus I got an unconditional offer subsequently around end of June, yet still no accommodation allocations?

Oh..I can see why you would be a little concerned, maybe just depends on what building you applied to.. regardless it will come soon. If you're curious I applied for Camden Court in the middle of May got my offer two weeks ago.
Holy s**t balls, I feel like 2 weeks difference of time probably results in a huge number of allocations being flooded out to people...And not me :/
Stephenson Building flat 30, anyone else?
Hey guys, quick question. I'll be transferring to Northumbria for my second year degree, and UCAS still says i'm holding a conditional offer. However, I already received my accommodation offer just yesterday for Liberty Quay. This is somewhat worrying as I'm scared they won't give me the unconditional offer after I've paid the deposit. Has this happened to anyone else?
Reply 135
I think liberty living will give you back your deposit if you end up not getting in, or at least 100 back. I have an offer there too and that's what it stated for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Julesxx
I think liberty living will give you back your deposit if you end up not getting in, or at least 100 back. I have an offer there too and that's what it stated for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah i see.. alright, thanks (:
Reply 137
Original post by Chrishkw
Ah i see.. alright, thanks (:

If you don't mind me asking what room you were allocated? :smile: I've only found one other person total, who's in liberty quay, and they're in another flay. So im looking for possible flatmates!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Julesxx
If you don't mind me asking what room you were allocated? :smile: I've only found one other person total, who's in liberty quay, and they're in another flay. So im looking for possible flatmates!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I haven't actually registered yet, so I have yet to know which room i was allocated. I'll let you know when i find out (:
Reply 139
Original post by Chrishkw
Well, I haven't actually registered yet, so I have yet to know which room i was allocated. I'll let you know when i find out (:

Ah, thanks :smile: and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending