The Student Room Group

Newcastle v Northumbria Uni’s for law

So i’ve got offers from both now and was stuck on choosing between them . I know Newcastle is obvs a RG uni so more a target for employers however i really like the work exp opportunities offered by Northumbria . It has one of the largest student law clinics in the country and could be really beneficial .
But still hung up between the 2 as ranking / perception of unis still seem to be a factor in employment ( esp in london )
Any advice from current students ?
Thanks
Original post by Aryxvan
So i’ve got offers from both now and was stuck on choosing between them . I know Newcastle is obvs a RG uni so more a target for employers however i really like the work exp opportunities offered by Northumbria . It has one of the largest student law clinics in the country and could be really beneficial .
But still hung up between the 2 as ranking / perception of unis still seem to be a factor in employment ( esp in london )
Thanks

Choose Newcastle!!! 😀

Global Top 110 University - QS World University Rankings 2024

Top 195 for Social Sciences and Management - QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023

65% increase in research power since 2014 Research Excellence Framework 2021

42% of our research is classified as 4* world-leading research Research Excellence Framework 2021

4th in the UK and joint 24th in the world for sustainable development Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2023

Top 200 for Law Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject 2024

Global Top 140 University - Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023

Original post by Aryxvan
Thanks

Hello! Of course it really depends on your personal preference but I thought I'd put some information about Law at Northumbria which might give you more of an idea about studying with us.

I'm a business student at Northumbria but share a building with Law and I love the building! There lots of facilities such as a Law Library, Law clinic and court room as well as social spaces such as a cafe.
In terms of stats:
Northumbria Law School is one of the largest law schools in the UK and is ranked 7th amongst UK law schools for research power in REF 2021.
Law at Northumbria is ranked Top 40 in the UK by the Complete University Guide for 2024.
We also have a range of projects which are sponsored by law firms, giving you the chance to work on live projects and network with legal professionals.
I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Beth
Northumbria University UG rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending