The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunday_morning
It feels weird calling myself a year 11, the past couple of years have gone really fast for me!

Really? Life's dragged for me. School, situations and just in general haha

Are you looking forward to year eleven?
Original post by Archaeologist
I'm getting Astronomy results you?

Math and chemistry. It's so cool that your school offers astronomy!
Original post by Marii101
Yup :tongue: I'm getting Maths, Additional Science, French, Religious Studies and Ethics and English Digital Communications. Are you getting any?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, math and chem. Holy cow that is a lot of results, if I were you I would be having a stress induced stroke by now!
Original post by Meg321
I am getting my statistics, I'm not sure whether to go and collect it on results day or to just get it when I go back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad that my school is just posting our results. Quiet frankly the (old) year 11s scare me, they are too over emotional.
Original post by Obiejess
Getting AS French, Maths, Core Science and Business.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exam board was your maths?
Original post by Strom
SAME!:biggrin: But i have to get my result in september : <

We're allowed in on results day; usually it's one hour after Y11 but I think this year everyone is just coming in at the same time.
Original post by Martie08
We're allowed in on results day; usually it's one hour after Y11 but I think this year everyone is just coming in at the same time.

Our school are jerks then.:mad: I'm on holiday anyway :cool:
Yeah I don't really care about Latin any ah its so boring

I would disagree with the that, but you have more a science-humanities background ?
Hey - it's a Year 11 here (well, Year 12). How are you all feeling? Scared? Excited? :O

Autumn Term of Year 11 will be the last point in your lives when you can feel truly relaxed.. Enjoy it while it lasts! :biggrin: :P

Just gonna remind you that if you need any help, us Year 12s have been in the same boat - just ask :biggrin:
Original post by NathalieGW
I would disagree with the that, but you have more a science-humanities background ?

Pretty much
Original post by danconway
Hey - it's a Year 11 here (well, Year 12). How are you all feeling? Scared? Excited? :O

Autumn Term of Year 11 will be the last point in your lives when you can feel truly relaxed.. Enjoy it while it lasts! :biggrin: :P

Just gonna remind you that if you need any help, us Year 12s have been in the same boat - just ask :biggrin:

How do you get a good balance of revision between all your subjects?
Pretty much

That's similar to me, I'm a Social Science person and you could consider Accounting as a Social Science since it branches of Economics.
How do you get a good balance of revision between all your subjects?

Don't be tempted to revise what you know and what you like. I spent 90% of my revision on Chemistry, not because it was hard, but because I found it easy and I love Chemistry. Big mistake. Make sure you tip the balance of revision in favour of what you don't like and what you struggle with. Motivate yourself to put the hours in.

If you want to pseudo-schedule your revision, maybe align your sessions with the school timetable, and therefore you'll end up spending a good amount of time on each subject.

Just play it by ear really; if you know there's stuff you don't know in Physics, spend more time on Physics. Use your end of topic tests and the like to see where you need to spend the time.

I think I saw that you do Latin: you'll have to do a lot of revision on the set texts as you go along - make sure you learn the sections as you go - it's a must, because revising 250ish lines of Latin in one go isn't really effective.

But don't worry too much about revision just yet - not hardcore anyway - just keep on top of your work and make sure you've grasped everything you've learnt.
Original post by NathalieGW
That's similar to me, I'm a Social Science person and you could consider Accounting as a Social Science since it branches of Economics.

Ah I see

Archaeology is a social science :smile:
You want to be an Accountant right?
Ah I see

Archaeology is a social science :smile:
You want to be an Accountant right?

It is very much a Social Science. I do indeed :smile: That's been my ambition since I was 10. I've always had a massive interest in Accounting
Reply 195
(I'm probably a bit late to this thread but I've been on holiday)

- What subjects are you taking?
Maths, Add Maths, English (Lit and Lang), Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Latin Lit (I did Latin Language at the end of year 9), German, Music and RE.

- What are you hoping to do after finishing Year 11?
A-Levels, hopefully in the Sixth Form at my current school

- What are your hobbies and interests?
I play cello and piano, I also like to read (I also spend far too much time on Twitter)

- How do you feel about going into Year 11?
Kinda nervous, because our school puts a lot of stock in results, but also excited for prom etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JanitaTwain
Question: when do you officially have to decide what a levels your going to do? Why do you have so many assemblies?
At my school, we chose around halfway through Year 11 but you can still switch depending on what you get on results day. You can even still switch in the first few weeks of sixth form if you want to!

My school has hardly any... :dontknow:
Original post by JanitaTwain
Yup, math and chem. Holy cow that is a lot of results, if I were you I would be having a stress induced stroke by now!

Haha, it wasn't as bad as you think.:biggrin: What exam board did you do maths on?
sup homies
where's that girl that always use to post lots of stuff in the y10 thread?

btw. I won my life 10 minutes ago ;]
Original post by Arithmeticae
At my school, we chose around halfway through Year 11 but you can still switch depending on what you get on results day. You can even still switch in the first few weeks of sixth form if you want to!

My school has hardly any... :dontknow:

Phew, that's a relief seeing as I have no idea what to do and just assumed that I would be given a form to fill. What did you choose?

Latest