The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vd12345
Meh. I just think taking 3 sciences to A2 is unnecessary. Most unis only ask for Chem anyways, and Bio to AS.

It probably was, but they were his favourite subjects so at least he enjoyed it :')
Original post by mrdeputyheadboy
How do you guys do extra revision on top of school homework... What time do you sleep

A lot of my friends sleep at like 11 as a normal time, but because I like to get all my tv/youtube/social media etc in I sleep at around 3-4 most nights...I know its not healthy but I have insomnia anyway so it's not a major problem :')

Try doing work at school if you can, and as soon as you get home to get it out of the way. Try doing about 30 minutes to an hour revision at the moment, maybe more at weekends, and you should be fine :smile:
Original post by mrdeputyheadboy
How do you guys do extra revision on top of school homework... What time do you sleep

At the moment I haven't really had the chance to revise apart from with a tutor because I have so much homework that by the time I'm done, I've had enough and just want to relax. So for now, revision is minimal but when revision starts at school then I'll probably be able to do it at home because I would have less homework. Also I sleep at 22:30, I can function otherwise. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Its_Tito
A lot of my friends sleep at like 11 as a normal time, but because I like to get all my tv/youtube/social media etc in I sleep at around 3-4 most nights...I know its not healthy but I have insomnia anyway so it's not a major problem :')

Try doing work at school if you can, and as soon as you get home to get it out of the way. Try doing about 30 minutes to an hour revision at the moment, maybe more at weekends, and you should be fine :smile:

I slept that late last year, but now I'm making an effort to sleep earlier ^_^
Original post by Canttellyou
At the moment I haven't really had the chance to revise apart from with a tutor because I have so much homework that by the time I'm done, I've had enough and just want to relax. So for now, revision is minimal but when revision starts at school then I'll probably be able to do it at home because I would have less homework. Also I sleep at 22:30, I can't function otherwise. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
It probably was, but they were his favourite subjects so at least he enjoyed it :')

That makes sense. Talking about science... Chem ISA tomorrow lol so I got about 4 hours total revision/homework time tonight xD Gonna try to finish it by 10

That makes sense. Talking about science... Chem ISA tomorrow lol so I got about 4 hours total revision/homework time tonight xD Gonna try to finish it by 10 You any good at English? I got C in lang mock and D in lit mock in year 10 lmao
Original post by vd12345
I slept that late last year, but now I'm making an effort to sleep earlier ^_^

I've tried doing that, but I really just can't get more than like 3-4 hours on most notes so ah well :')
Original post by vd12345
That makes sense. Talking about science... Chem ISA tomorrow lol so I got about 4 hours total revision/homework time tonight xD Gonna try to finish it by 10

Haha good luck with that :') had the worst Maths test in the world today, probably got 80% or something stupid >.<
Original post by vd12345
You any good at English? I got C in lang mock and D in lit mock in year 10 lmao

I guess I could be, if I tried :') got a B overall in lang at the end of last year (we do lang in year 10 and lit in year 11) and so far I understand most of this stuff....

I couldn't be bothered to read the book, Pride and Prejudice, so I found some quotes online and analysed them myself, got an A so mehh :')
Haha good luck with that :') had the worst Maths test in the world today, probably got 80% or something stupid >.<

Further maths test?
I guess I could be, if I tried :') got a B overall in lang at the end of last year (we do lang in year 10 and lit in year 11) and so far I understand most of this stuff....

I couldn't be bothered to read the book, Pride and Prejudice, so I found some quotes online and analysed them myself, got an A so mehh :')

Yhh them feels.. My english teacher told us to read inspector calls and OMAM again ffs ;/
Original post by ImagineCats
Schnell is my favorite german word! Along with 'Kopfkissen' (head kiss)- Pillow, and Regenschirm (rain shield)- umbrella :biggrin: Love this language!:colondollar:

YAS! it sounds so... angry (?) when you yell at your friends to hurry up... pretty effective :awesome:

Pretty amazing language - chose french cuz I find it easier :colondollar: - not to say that french isn't amazing as well. :smile:
Original post by vd12345
I'm terrible at French xd and languages in general.

well each to their own i guess

Spoiler

Original post by turn-to-page394
YAS! it sounds so... angry (?) when you yell at your friends to hurry up... pretty effective :awesome:

Pretty amazing language - chose french cuz I find it easier :colondollar: - not to say that french isn't amazing as well. :smile:

I took both and I find it really hard to compare. Sometimes I'm full on 'French is so hard ergh' and other times I say German is harder. French is probably harder in all honesty, because it's harder to form sentences or questions without specific sayings to the verb, but reading in French is WAY easier than German. In German, you just literally use the 'you' version of the verb and add 'du?' at the end and there's your question. Still love the way French sounds, but German will nearly always have my vote:cool:

I could go on and on about languages ergh
Original post by turn-to-page394
well each to their own i guess

Spoiler

Yeah u do loool
Original post by vd12345
I'm terrible at French xd and languages in general.

Hate it when schools force students to learn languages. Yeah they're beneficial and amazing qualifications to have, but if you hate it you can't learn!
Original post by ImagineCats
I took both and I find it really hard to compare. Sometimes I'm full on 'French is so hard ergh' and other times I say German is harder. French is probably harder in all honesty, because it's harder to form sentences or questions without specific sayings to the verb, but reading in French is WAY easier than German. In German, you just literally use the 'you' version of the verb and add 'du?' at the end and there's your question. Still love the way French sounds, but German will nearly always have my vote:cool:

I could go on and on about languages ergh

You took both? Clever kid - my brain would hurt so bad and i'd probably muddle the language up. :colondollar: Still, glad I took French - in our Yr 10 exams, literally EVERYONE who took German said the exam was ridiculously hard and some had nervous breakdowns. No joke.

And then there was us frenchies... The test took us all like 30 minutes at most - it was so easy that it was just a waste of time to sit there... I might've almost fallen asleep :cool: Teehee.

French does sound nicer, doesn't it? It's just so 'francaisey' - only way I can think of to describe it haha.
Original post by vd12345
Further maths test?

Yeah, end of topic thing
Original post by vd12345
Yhh them feels.. My english teacher told us to read inspector calls and OMAM again ffs ;/

I loved an inspector calls haha :')

Latest