The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

What I loved most about this episode was the slight mention of river vy the doctor- I actually smiled and laughed at the mention of his name! I am disappointed by how capaldi's doctor is nothing like he said he would be. He said this was the darkest doctor but honestly matt was darker and had moments where you actually questioned him, but with capaldi the soldier thing is really annoying me. Previous doctors may have not liked soldiers but they definitely didn't hate them like capaldi is shown to! I just want the next episode to have a decent plot because so far the episodes in this season have been quite boring!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else think of this when Clara said they were rehearsing for a play?
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tqaHBfBSSuc[/video]
I liked it, mainly because I like looking at Danny. Other than that, a bit naff.
Oh **** i forgot the episode, i'll watch it on iplayer now.
Quite a good episode that. Quirky and humorous. Starting to like12 more, but still waiting for "that episode". The one which is the chicken katsu curry of episodes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The more I think about it, the more I'm sure that there is sexual jealous from the Dr over Clara. His loneliness is now being disturbed by Clara's sexuality. That's a nice touch.
thought tonight's episode was okay, though a bit naff at times really, not one of the better episodes this series though imo
I feel like I like characters (Clara, 12th Doctor, Danny) & think they have good chemistry but I feel like it's being wasted on plots that seem a bit dull/inconsequential.
I think the Dr needs to realise he can't have Clara

Posted from TSR Mobile
That Courtney girl :erm:
The Dr thinking that guy who looked liked his old reincarnation was Clara's boyfriend is telling. The

Lets face it the robot is only there as a means to do the Clara/Danny/Dr stuff.
Original post by KingStannis
The Dr thinking that guy who looked liked his old reincarnation was Clara's boyfriend is telling. The

Lets face it the robot is only there as a means to do the Clara/Danny/Dr stuff.

Yes, reminded me of the whole "I'm not your boyfriend" [...] "I never said it was your mistake" thing.
I thought it was about average really. It wasn't terrible but neither was it particulatly memorable. Gareth Roberts can do better than this.

Oh, and a Ian Chesterton cameo would have improved the episode a lot.
Does anyone else think this doctor is like Sherlock?
Original post by timeywimey

Yes, I think he's very similar in approach and attitude to Benedict Cumberbatch's portrayal. Mainly because of the whole social awkwardness.
I quite enjoyed that episode, although I'm still waiting for a better episode- the stories this year are disappointing me. This episode was let down by the killer robot. For the universe's deadliest killer robot ever made, it looked extremely lame. And I think they must have been low on budget by this episode, because to me it looked like it was made out of something that was a lot softer than the solid metal we all expect our killer robots to be made out of. And the problem/solution dialogue was also very tame. If a story features the universe's deadliest robot, I want to experience a little of the fear that would happen if it was real.
Original post by timeywimey

Yes. I also thought the music in yesterday's episode seemed very like the Sherlock theme tune at one point. :erm:

I'm a big fan of Sherlock, but god damn it, Moffat, they're two separate shows!!
I see no, or at least, very little continuity between the Sherlock character and the Dr.
Nothing special but the quality has improved since the last series at least. Poorest episode of the series in my opinion. That robot did not look like the deadliest robot in the galaxy and I am getting tired of robots. I want to see some mastermind aliens and a battle of wits rather than all the technology and sonic screwdriver waving.

Calling it now. Danny will die saving Clara by the end of the series. The Doctor will then relise that not all soldiers are as bad as he thinks.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Nothing special but the quality has improved since the last series at least. Poorest episode of the series in my opinion. That robot did not look like the deadliest robot in the galaxy and I am getting tired of robots. I want to see some mastermind aliens and a battle of wits rather than all the technology and sonic screwdriver waving.

Calling it now. Danny will die saving Clara by the end of the series. The Doctor will then relise that not all soldiers are as bad as he thinks.

I certainly hope so.

The Dr doesn't hate soldiers, he hates himself imo.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest