The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hariex
Hello! How are you doing?

:smile: I'm fine. Back to school though. Feels like I never had a break... :frown:

Ah well. How are you? :wink:
Ah well. How are you? :wink:

Yeah, good thanks.

Original post by turn-to-page394
:smile: I'm fine. Back to school though. Feels like I never had a break... :frown:

my school got two weeks off :colone:

The idea was that it was one week added to October half term and one week taken off the summer holidays, however, obviously the Year 11s get three months in the summer so I get the best deal. :biggrin:

Did you have a busy half term, then?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Obiejess
Staying at mine - better the devil you know.

My reasoning is that I know which teachers are good and which are bad. This means if I end up with a bad one I can go speak to a good one (who likes me and I'm sometimes even on a first name basis with :mmm:) for whatever help I need. My reputation as a bright, capable students also precedes me, meaning trying to get those A* preds is going to be much easier :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'm staying at my schools too for the same reasons! What a-levels are you taking and what are you thinking of doing at uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello Year 11's.
Currently revising for my mocks.
Anyone else?
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
I think I'm staying at my schools too for the same reasons! What a-levels are you taking and what are you thinking of doing at uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

History
Chemistry
Maths
Biology

Think NatSci or Law, maybe even History? Really not sure anymore :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hariex
Yeah, good thanks.

my school got two weeks off :colone:

The idea was that it was one week added to October half term and one week taken off the summer holidays, however, obviously the Year 11s get three months in the summer so I get the best deal. :biggrin:

Did you have a busy half term, then?

Lucky. :smile:

It was ok. Moving house so that was... Yeah. That and english coursework which I totally messed up but can't be bothered to go over right now... And revision for a geography test which was the first lesson first day back. Whyyyy. Gah. At least it's over now. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Hariex
Aw nice! Is that in school or self-taught?

AS Maths (OCR MEI) doesn't look too bad - C1 is just A* GCSE and S1 is basic statistics. How difficult would you say C2 is?

Self taught :smile:
To be honest it isn't that bad - the main thing is having a very general understanding algebra. C1 is very straightforward, calculas is the only new topic and C2 just builds on it really. The applied module (I did mechanics) is where I can get a bit tricky I think :smile:
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
Hello Year 11's.
Currently revising for my mocks.
Anyone else?

Hi! You in Yr 11 too I'm assuming?

Good luck for your mock btw? Are they coming up soon? :smile:

I have mine in late january. Christmas will be fun. That and revising for my Maths igcse in january... :frown:
Original post by Gilo98
Self taught :smile:
To be honest it isn't that bad - the main thing is having a very general understanding algebra. C1 is very straightforward, calculas is the only new topic and C2 just builds on it really. The applied module (I did mechanics) is where I can get a bit tricky I think :smile:

I would concur from what I've experienced of AS in so far, S1 is the more difficult part, differentiation etc. is a doddle if you have decent algrebra skills

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lucky. :smile:

It was ok. Moving house so that was... Yeah. That and english coursework which I totally messed up but can't be bothered to go over right now... And revision for a geography test which was the first lesson first day back. Whyyyy. Gah. At least it's over now. :biggrin:

I've just got back to school realising all the homework I have forgotten to do.

What are you doing for your English coursework? We haven't started ours yet, but we are comparing Tony Kytes (the Arch-Deceiver) with Romeo.
History
Chemistry
Maths
Biology

Think NatSci or Law, maybe even History? Really not sure anymore :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, taking the same only English Lit instead of History. :biggrin:

I'm thinking of NatSci too! But that might change quite a few times before I come to a conclusion. :/

I'm thinking of NatSci too! But that might change quite a few times before I come to a conclusion. :/

Why Eng Lit? Just why, I'm good at it but I couldn't do it. Too much language analysis urghh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone here doing Cambridge IGCSE English? Sorry haha, feeling like I'm butting in :P
Original post by Hariex
I've just got back to school realising all the homework I have forgotten to do.

What are you doing for your English coursework? We haven't started ours yet, but we are comparing Tony Kytes (the Arch-Deceiver) with Romeo.

Congrats. :biggrin: My friend forgot all the stuff she needed somehow. :s-smilie: I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:

That sounds interesting! I'm doing iGCSE so don't know it that's different...? Anyway, it was creative writing so... Was just totally not into the story at all. But it's ok as it was a second attempt/ second chance kind of thing. Did one already last year so I'm not that worried! :smile:

Urgh, a levels!!

As it stands:

Maths
Further Maths
English Lit.
Philosophy and Ethics

Further Maths might change to Classics, History or anything else though.
Anyways I am turning in for the night. John Grisham awaits... :colone:
Why Eng Lit? Just why, I'm good at it but I couldn't do it. Too much language analysis urghh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I considered history too tbh. But I feel like English will probably be more for me. I definitely want something to balance out my sciences (all three sciences and maths is a bit too much tbh for me) and it's interesting? I don't know why really, analysis isn't like WOW YES LET'S DO THIS if you know what I mean.. But the feeling of really understanding a text instead of just reading it gives me a feeling of accomplishment. :biggrin: Main reason is really that I just want to read a book in depth. :rolleyes: That and I'd probably have withdrawal symptoms from it if I dropped it. :biggrin:

This ramble though... I'm sorry. :colondollar:
Original post by Hariex
Anyways I am turning in for the night. John Grisham awaits... :colone:

Is he any good? I've never read any of his books. :colondollar: Probs should. :smile:

Nice A-level choices btw. :biggrin:
Ikr :frown: Got home half an hour ago and I live kinda close to school....

Anyways, how was your day? :smile:

Not bad. We have resilience week this week, so every day we have to do an hour of resilience exercises, which is a bit of a pain, but hey. Spent an hour after school working on my composition, which made me happy.

How about yours? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peachy23
Is anyone here doing Cambridge IGCSE English? Sorry haha, feeling like I'm butting in :P

:biggrin: C'est ok. (I do it all the time :colondollar:)
I'm not but I'm doing Edexcel iGCSE for both english language and literature. It might be similar? :confused:

Latest