The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gilo98
I can imagine, and yep aha, I suppose :mmm:

Do you prefer the histories to the comedies and tragedies then? :smile:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Do you prefer the histories to the comedies and tragedies then? :smile:

Yep :yep: although the tragedies are often intertwined with everything shakespeare - at least they have been with my limited exposure to his work. The comedies aren't my kind of thing for sure though :tongue: How about you?
Original post by Gilo98
Yep :yep: although the tragedies are often intertwined with everything shakespeare - at least they have been with my limited exposure to his work. The comedies aren't my kind of thing for sure though :tongue: How about you?

I love them all! :biggrin:
I love them all! :biggrin:

Do you study A Level English Lit/Lang by any chance? :mmm:
Original post by Gilo98
Do you study A Level English Lit/Lang by any chance? :mmm:

Both of them :lol:
Both of them :lol:

I could have guessed :biggrin: not in any sort of patronising way, but, above all others, the english fans are the best and most die hard subject fans in my opinion :lol: :congrats:
Original post by Gilo98
I could have guessed :biggrin: not in any sort of patronising way, but, above all others, the english fans are the best and most die hard subject fans in my opinion :lol: :congrats:

Yeah, there's a lot of extra work outside of lessons especially in lit :tongue: you really have to like the subject to do well :yes:
Yeah, there's a lot of extra work outside of lessons especially in lit :tongue: you really have to like the subject to do well :yes:

I can imagine!! Every person I talk to who is to do with english has a real passion for their subject that sadly isn't that consistent across all other subjects :frown: At least thats what I had seen at School :tongue:
Original post by Gilo98
I can imagine!! Every person I talk to who is to do with english has a real passion for their subject that sadly isn't that consistent across all other subjects :frown: At least thats what I had seen at School :tongue:

It does need a lot more passion than something like maths because it's a much more personal subject, where you give personal responses :smile:
It does need a lot more passion than something like maths because it's a much more personal subject, where you give personal responses :smile:

:yep: Luckily I have the most amazingly passionate teacher for english and so, despite my personal lack of love for it, I can't help but feel a little bit inspired because of my teachers passion!!
Original post by Gilo98
:yep: Luckily I have the most amazingly passionate teacher for english and so, despite my personal lack of love for it, I can't help but feel a little bit inspired because of my teachers passion!!

The teachers definitely help!
I have one amazing teacher for English lit and one not as good one, and it does make a difference :yes:
One of my English lang teachers is so enthusiastic, I had him for GCSE as well and he is just amazing :biggrin:
The teachers definitely help!
I have one amazing teacher for English lit and one not as good one, and it does make a difference :yes:
One of my English lang teachers is so enthusiastic, I had him for GCSE as well and he is just amazing :biggrin:

:yes: a good teacher can definitely make or break a subject!! Im off, to bed - nice speaking to you!
Original post by Gilo98
:yes: a good teacher can definitely make or break a subject!! Im off, to bed - nice speaking to you!

I should do the same :tongue:
It was, I might see you around :wavey:
Reply 2393
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
Hey guys has anyone done their additional science ISA yet? If you did what was your score? And does anyone know what the mark will be for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyy I have,I got 40 which was an A, it was a biology isa and I actually found it hard, so hoping I can get an A* next time, anyway I'm not too sure but I think it was 43 or 44 for an A* but it's not 100% confirmed as it hasn't been marked my examiners so there aren't any real grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
Hey guys has anyone done their additional science ISA yet? If you did what was your score? And does anyone know what the mark will be for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

44 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I the only one finding it really hard to pick my A levels? I'm so torn between spanish and English lit for my fourth :frown: I'll probably do biology, chemistry and maths as my main 3 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tryrevise
Am I the only one finding it really hard to pick my A levels? I'm so torn between spanish and English lit for my fourth :frown: I'll probably do biology, chemistry and maths as my main 3 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You certainly won't be the only one. :smile:

Do you have any idea as to what you want to do after A-Levels?
I'm scared about next year.

I know there's GCSEs to do first and stuff but it sounds like my boyfriend is going to college while I'm staying at sixth form.

Now this wouldn't be a problem in any other persons life, but I row. This takes up a considerable amount of time (Monday, Wednesday, Friday after school until 6, 1-4 Saturdays and Sundays, excluding competitions). This has meant that this year most of the time I have spent with my boyfriend has been at school as it's really hard to organise stuff outside school due to rowing and stuff he does.

I'm worried that next year a combination of rowing, the extra workload and him going to college will mean that I will hardly be able to see him. This makes me feel sad because I really do love him and I love spending time with him. I love rowing and don't want to give it up but I also don't want to give him up... Have any of you got any advice? If you have I would love to hear it. Thank you in advance.
Original post by tryrevise

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm deciding between R.S and Spanish for my fourth A Level and I really don't know which one to choose :frown: For my other three I want to do English Lit, Psychology and Sociology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I'm deciding between R.S and Spanish for my fourth A Level and I really don't know which one to choose :frown: For my other three I want to do English Lit, Psychology and Sociology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

R.S. - Language A Levels are the spawn of Satan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest