The Student Room Group

Bishop Grosseteste Primary PGCE 2015-2016

Has anybody applied for or had an interview for or had an offer for the PGCE primary starting in 2015? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I have applied to do the primary PGCE part time and I have my interview on the 18th :smile:
I haven't heard anything about an interview yet :/ when did you apply?
I have interview with Gloucestershire Uni tomorrow and Worcestershire Uni on 15th Jan... im sure you'll hear soon :smile:
I applied about 2 weeks ago. My interview was suppose to be this coming Thursday but I had to change it because I already had an interview that day. When did you send your application off?
Original post by Kimberly91
I applied about 2 weeks ago. My interview was suppose to be this coming Thursday but I had to change it because I already had an interview that day. When did you send your application off?

Oh I applied a week ago today so I hope I hear soon :smile:
Reply 6
I've got an interview for PGCE at BG on the 17th :smile:
Original post by saravmx
I've got an interview for PGCE at BG on the 17th :smile:

When did you apply? I applied 10 days ago and received an email the next day saying they have my application and will get back to me in 10 days... im starting to worry now
Reply 8
I sent off my ucas on the 21st November, I only put two professional references though so I emailed last Wednesday asking if they'd accept a direct academic one as Durham had made me unsuccessful for this reason. I had that sent off the same day and asked for an interview on the Thursday. I wouldn't worry, they literally got back to me in 9 days so maybe they're just receiving a lot of applicants
Original post by saravmx
I sent off my ucas on the 21st November, I only put two professional references though so I emailed last Wednesday asking if they'd accept a direct academic one as Durham had made me unsuccessful for this reason. I had that sent off the same day and asked for an interview on the Thursday. I wouldn't worry, they literally got back to me in 9 days so maybe they're just receiving a lot of applicants

Oh right, I sent mine off 1st december so I can understand why it might take a while :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Milky93
Oh right, I sent mine off 1st december so I can understand why it might take a while :smile:

I wouldn't worry, they'll get back to you by tomorrow or Friday i'm sure :smile:
Has anybody heard from Bishop Grosseteste if they've had an interview already? :smile:
Hi! For the interview for BG are people actually teaching the task or discussing the concept as if they were to teach the task? Hope this makes sense!
Original post by EllieLG91
Hi! For the interview for BG are people actually teaching the task or discussing the concept as if they were to teach the task? Hope this makes sense!

They are actually teaching to the other candidates. I wondered this to start with but then it was actually really straight forward :smile:
Hey!
I've applied for BGU primary PGCE but haven't heard back from them yet (I applied on Jan 10th). I've already had an unsuccessful interview which was mainly down to nerves! I want to come back FIGHTING if I get offered an interview at BGU so any advice would be so useful.
Does anyone know details of the interview? What does it involve? Is there a maths and english test?
Thanks in advance for any help :smile:
Katie x
I know someone who interviewed for there BA with QTS primary. They loved the interview said how nice and relaxers it was. They had maths and English for that. The best bit was if you got a place they got a party in a box. They made in there first choice :smile:
Original post by Katiiieee
Hey!
I've applied for BGU primary PGCE but haven't heard back from them yet (I applied on Jan 10th). I've already had an unsuccessful interview which was mainly down to nerves! I want to come back FIGHTING if I get offered an interview at BGU so any advice would be so useful.
Does anyone know details of the interview? What does it involve? Is there a maths and english test?
Thanks in advance for any help :smile:
Katie x

Hey, sorry to hear that. I hope you get an interview for BG :smile:. I had an interview at BG at the beginning of January and it was really relaxed and everybody was nice. I ended up getting a place and I actually made some friends from the interview who are going to BGU also. It was a nice experience and obviously you would be nervous but my nerves went after relaxing with everybody and starting to make friends. My group were really supportive during the teaching task so that was nice. You just need to show them that you are dedicated and enthusiastic and they will want to take you on :smile: The lit test was straight forward and asked questions about your teaching experiences, the numeracy test I was wary of but it was actually quite easy (if you do a bit of revision beforehand). Good Luck and I hope to see you at BG next year!
Thank you for your advice! Still not heard anything back yet :frown:
What revision do you recommend for the numeracy? Is it similar to what you find on the QTS test, fractions, percentages etc.?
Thanks again!
Reply 18
Hi,
I had an interview with BGU last month, and got offered a place which I am going to accept.
Don't worry too much about the maths and English tests.
The English one asks you to wire your strengths and weaknesses, and to talk a bit about strategies in the classroom. They aren't so much interested in what you say, but how you say it- that your spelling and grammar are accurate, that you have a good standard of written English.
The maths asked some basic questions- we were told that the pass mark was very low, and that the test was only really used to see who might need a bit of help with maths at the beginning of the course.

It was really relaxed the whole day, and the admissions staff, and the interview staff were lovely.

Good luck on your interview- it would be nice to chat to some others who are going to be on the course!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gemscho
Hi,
I had an interview with BGU last month, and got offered a place which I am going to accept.
Don't worry too much about the maths and English tests.
The English one asks you to wire your strengths and weaknesses, and to talk a bit about strategies in the classroom. They aren't so much interested in what you say, but how you say it- that your spelling and grammar are accurate, that you have a good standard of written English.
The maths asked some basic questions- we were told that the pass mark was very low, and that the test was only really used to see who might need a bit of help with maths at the beginning of the course.

It was really relaxed the whole day, and the admissions staff, and the interview staff were lovely.

Good luck on your interview- it would be nice to chat to some others who are going to be on the course!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: That's made me feel more confident!
The interview is on March 3rd so I've got plenty of time to prepare!
Which age did you apply for? I'm going for 3-7.
No idea where I'm going to live if I get a place! I live in Leicester at the moment and it's just a touch too far to commute.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending