The Student Room Group

PGCE eligible qualification to work abroad?

Hi there, I’m thinking of studying a primary PGCE and would love to work abroad in the future (UAE, Dubai or Australia). Is it more difficult to attain a job abroad with a PGCE if I don’t have an education undergraduate degree? Would I even be able to work abroad with a PGCE?
Reply 1
A PGCE is normally fine for working abroad (source: have worked in international schools since 2008).
Original post by Victoria287
Hi there, I’m thinking of studying a primary PGCE and would love to work abroad in the future (UAE, Dubai or Australia). Is it more difficult to attain a job abroad with a PGCE if I don’t have an education undergraduate degree? Would I even be able to work abroad with a PGCE?

Hello there!

PGCE Primary is recognised internationally so it will be fine for you to work abroad such as international schools.

We normally ask for a relevant undergraduate degree at 2:2 or above in order to be considered for PGCE Primary. You also need to secure some 10 days work experience before interview. You can see more information on our website: Primary PGCE - Teacher Training Masters Degree Course - Cardiff Metropolitan University.

If you are interested in study with us, you can contact the programme director, Sian Davies-Barnes via [email protected] and they will be able to discuss further with you.

Any general enquiries, drop us an email via [email protected] and we are happy to assist you.

Cardiff Met Admissions. 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending