The Student Room Group

Nernst Equation

I am attempting to calculate the concentration of copper ions in an unknown solution using the Nernst equation however my maths seems to be letting me down a little!
I've attached my calculations but my result is considerably far away from what I was expecting. I think this is just down to my calculations so could someone please check them and see if I have made a mistake somewhere and how to correct it? Thanks :smile:

Note: The 0.00000385 should have a mol/dm3 next to it, hence why I think it's wrong!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
I am attempting to calculate the concentration of copper ions in an unknown solution using the Nernst equation however my maths seems to be letting me down a little!
I've attached my calculations but my result is considerably far away from what I was expecting. I think this is just down to my calculations so could someone please check them and see if I have made a mistake somewhere and how to correct it? Thanks :smile:

Note: The 0.00000385 should have a mol/dm3 next to it, hence why I think it's wrong!

apart from your slight error in division, I see no other issues.
Original post by charco
apart from your slight error in division, I see no other issues.

Cheers- could you possibly specify what the error in division was?
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
Cheers- could you possibly specify what the error in division was?

0.0592/2 =

Quick Reply

Latest