The Student Room Group

Never seen the Godfather

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fofo5
But the exorcist is better than the Godfather- this is a fact as it has a better rating. What do you not understand about that.

Just admit you were wrong.

You don't get it. I know you're a troll. It blatantly doesn't have a better rating anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by wildeskills
You don't get it. I know you're a troll. It blatantly doesn't have a better rating anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually most places do rate the exorcist to be better. Stop calling me a troll just because you are losing the argument
Have you seen any old films? (Pre-1990, say)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well yes of course, I tend to prefer either the proper old ones though (50s to 70s).

Are you the OP? You seem to have taken it upon yourself to question everyone's posts.
Original post by fofo5
Actually most places do rate the exorcist to be better. Stop calling me a troll just because you are losing the argument

You haven't offered an argument. An average of every professional reviewer rates the Godfather above the exorcist by miles. So that settles that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
You haven't offered an argument. An average of every professional reviewer rates the Godfather above the exorcist by miles. So that settles that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they don't. That is absolute bull**** and you know it.
Original post by fofo5
No they don't. That is absolute bull**** and you know it.

I am happy to screen shot it for you if you really want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
I am happy to screen shot it for you if you really want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok do it.
Original post by fofo5
Ok do it.

Biggest film website in the world puts it at no. 2 and doesn't put the exorcist at number one. Proof enough or do you need more?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Biggest film website in the world puts it at no. 2 and doesn't put the exorcist at number one. Proof enough or do you need more?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Many more websites say differently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbf, while I agree with you that The Godfather parts 1 and 2 are far greater in terms of quality and entertainment, it would be worth noting this is only a popularity thing on IMDB. I mean they have TDK in top 5 and it shouldn't be in the top 30 or maybe even 50.
Original post by fofo5

Links to these sites please?
Original post by Guru Jason
Tbf, while I agree with you that The Godfather parts 1 and 2 are far greater in terms of quality and entertainment, it would be worth noting this is only a popularity thing on IMDB. I mean they have TDK in top 5 and it shouldn't be in the top 30 or maybe even 50.

Metacritic has the godfather at 100/100 and the exorcist at 82.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fofo5

A compilation of the average review. Indisputable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Metacritic has the godfather at 100/100 and the exorcist at 82.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like I said, I am a huge fan of the Godfather and believe it to be far superior to the exorcist.

Empire magazine has The Godfather as the greatest film of all time too
Original post by Guru Jason
Like I said, I am a huge fan of the Godfather and believe it to be far superior to the exorcist.

Empire magazine has The Godfather as the greatest film of all time too

Yeah sorry that was indirectly aimed at fofo. I mentioned empire as well as rotten tomatoes, metacritic etc but they still think its better in some way and that that is the general consensus. Still think they're trolling (unsuccessfully) or they don't have two brain cells to rub together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah sorry that was indirectly aimed at fofo. I mentioned empire as well as rotten tomatoes, metacritic etc but they still think its better in some way and that that is the general consensus. Still think they're trolling (unsuccessfully) or they don't have two brain cells to rub together.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Given that it became obvious thay he was a troll about 40 posts back, and that you've continued replying countless times, even going and getting screenshots, I'd say his trolling was pretty successful tbh.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Given that it became obvious thay he was a troll about 40 posts back, and that you've continued replying countless times, even going and getting screenshots, I'd say his trolling was pretty successful tbh.

No. Because I enjoyed it. It took approximately 20 secs to get a screenshot. And I like arguing with anyone however asinine the subject. In a way I was just arguing that the Godfather was the best movie, rather than actually against any other case which is actually enjoyable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really liked Goodfellas but it doesn't beat The Godfather.I also think The Taxi Driver and The Departed are over-rated.
However The Godfather 1 and 2 deserve all the hype they are getting,truly masterpieces.

Quick Reply

Latest