The Student Room Group

Do schools have Prime dealers now?

I saw a video on Youtube about it and I heard the drink is super popular now.
I have literally never seen stores with less than those ones fully stocked. Nobody buys them. The only reason youtubers and tiktokers say they do is because they've invested in the scheme themselves, same as with all the pump and dump cryptocurrency. They want to make it sound like it's a rare commodity to hope people feeling FOMO will buy it so they will get some kind of payout.

The only other thing I've heard about it is that it tastes awful.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
If we're all doing news from 6 months ago, the Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl, btw.
When the prime wave first hit I certainly believe some kids are dumb enough to waste money on this, and others are entrepreneurial enough to serve them.

Id be surprised if it’s still going, people thinking an overpriced lucozade alternative is some sort of flex is rather sad .. in my day school smugglers sold mentos or kitkat chunkies for 50p as an alternative to the grim offerings in the school canteen or vending machines
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
I have literally never seen stores with less than those ones fully stocked. Nobody buys them. The only reason youtubers and tiktokers say they do is because they've invested in the scheme themselves, same as with all the pump and dump cryptocurrency. They want to make it sound like it's a rare commodity to hope people feeling FOMO will buy it so they will get some kind of payout.

The only other thing I've heard about it is that it tastes awful.

I've never seen them. Although, I never have bothered looking for them.
I don’t think it’s really a thing anymore is it? The supermarkets in town sell it for £2.50 a bottle and there’s always enough for everyone. I get the ice pop one on my way to work sometimes.

I know kids were paying about £10 a bottle for a couple of weeks and then supply caught up to demand and now it’s just kinda there

Quick Reply

Latest