The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

The only bad things about the episode were the annoying elves and Clara staying on:mad:
Really hope Clara gets killed off (no offence Jenna - I think you're a great actress!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
The issue now with Clara is that she is embedded into the Dr's timeline. Surely that must mean that some form of her stays with the Doctor until he dies?
Original post by greeneyedgirl
You ruin all my plans to be productive with your awesome avatar...I just watch it far too long!

:console:

:mmm: it has that effect, it's just missing a Christmas hat!
Original post by tomtjl
The issue now with Clara is that she is embedded into the Dr's timeline. Surely that must mean that some form of her stays with the Doctor until he dies?

Yeah meaning in theory we could be stuck with her awful character for a very long time..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrJAKEE
Yeah meaning in theory we could be stuck with her awful character for a very long time..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually like Clara, it just means that we would have to see her even after Clara leaves for the story to make any form of sense.

I don't really understand the Clara hate, I think she's a great character.
Original post by tomtjl
I actually like Clara, it just means that we would have to see her even after Clara leaves for the story to make any form of sense.

I don't really understand the Clara hate, I think she's a great character.

She's just annoying.. I blame Moffat for this but her story I don't find very interesting whatsoever. You can tell in an average story doctor will give a solution to something, Clara will give some sort of snarky comment to add to it and then story goes on there with some overplayed dramatic music. I don't find how she adds anything to the show compared to the likes of Donna, Rose, or even Amy, I like many think the Danny/Clara thing didn't really connect to anyone.

On a side note I think they need to get rid of Moffat. I think he seriously messed up the latest series with Capaldi especially the finale where he missed the opportunity to seriously use Missy as a true manipulator (the trailer was extremely misleading too, I thought Clara was going to go against the doc!). He's made the show too lovey dovey and I know he's tried to get away from that with Capaldi but it just hasn't worked on me. I miss the David Tennant days...

Posted from TSR Mobile
What really annoyed me about the Christmas special was the fact that they left the dream crabs without a fight! Yes they woke up from the dream but the dream crabs are still alive and on Earth! Arghhhhh

I just feel the story lines are getting worse unfortunately.. I have come to like Peter Capaldi and Danny Pink! But not sure about Clara, her relationship with the doctor confuses me, she was in love with the old doctor being the 'impossible girl' but now they changed it into a weird and disorientated relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed!
The worst thing about Moffat is that it's like he wants his companion to be the best. Clara this clara that. Good example of this is Listen the ending was awful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clara is awful. She was introduced badly shes made to important...(yes i'm talking to you Listen).

Posted from TSR Mobile
They played doctor who at the new year fireworks in London! Wahey

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomtjl

The timeline she jumped into only ran up until his death at Trenzalore though so surely she can depart him now?
Original post by Dalek1099
The timeline she jumped into only ran up until his death at Trenzalore though so surely she can depart him now?

"only ran up to his death" - surely this means that she is in his timeline for his entire life, from the moment he is born to the moment he dies? That was my interpretation of it, anyway :tongue:.
Original post by getfunky!
:mmm: it has that effect, it's just missing a Christmas hat!

Nearly epiphany though...gotta de Christmas before then!
Clara is terrible. Seems to me the only witty vocabulary she has is "Shut up", even that wears thin. No characterisation, the whole Impossible Girl angle collapsed horribly and the same wooden, mechanical dialogue each episode. Moffat's fault, not JLC's, he hasn't changed the dialogue structure between the characters in years.
Original post by tomtjl
"only ran up to his death" - surely this means that she is in his timeline for his entire life, from the moment he is born to the moment he dies? That was my interpretation of it, anyway :tongue:.

Well technically that never happened now because he didn't die at trenzelore, so there was no time wound for them to go to, for her to end up jumping in to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Well technically that never happened now because he didn't die at trenzelore, so there was no time wound for them to go to, for her to end up jumping in to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought he still died on Trenzalore though, he just didn't die at that particular point? You're probably right, but that means he would never have met Clara, so I've no idea what's going on in the timeline now.
Original post by tomtjl
I thought he still died on Trenzalore though, he just didn't die at that particular point? You're probably right, but that means he would never have met Clara, so I've no idea what's going on in the timeline now.

I don't think so - he was supposed to die at Trenzalore, then they changed that last Christmas with a whole new regeneration cycle, so that means that she didn't need to go into his timeline on Trenzalore, because it's no longer there.

No, she met him twice and died in other versions of her, but the actual her was set up with him by Missy, so they'd presumably still meet, because that wasn't one of these timeline copies of her.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I don't think so - he was supposed to die at Trenzalore, then they changed that last Christmas with a whole new regeneration cycle, so that means that she didn't need to go into his timeline on Trenzalore, because it's no longer there.

No, she met him twice and died in other versions of her, but the actual her was set up with him by Missy, so they'd presumably still meet, because that wasn't one of these timeline copies of her.

I'd forgotten about that, good point! :wink:.
Moffat's a great writer. For Clara you can blame the BBC's Feminist regime.

Quick Reply

Latest