The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Film & Television and Media Production 2015

I got 2 unconditional offers for Film & Television and Media production at Lincoln. Cannot wait, think I'm going to choose Film & television! Anyone else get in for either of them?

I would be hugely appreciative of any advice from older students! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've applied for Media Production. I've been second guessing the course (just because I'm not sure if a production course is right for me) but I did like the look of the course and the uni! Only sent it off on Christmas eve, so I haven't heard anything back yet. Congrats on the two unconditional offers! :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by pd1996
I've applied for Media Production. I've been second guessing the course (just because I'm not sure if a production course is right for me) but I did like the look of the course and the uni! Only sent it off on Christmas eve, so I haven't heard anything back yet. Congrats on the two unconditional offers! :smile:

There seems to be a lot of aspect to it! I actually changed my mind again to Media production haha! The Uni is really good my boyfriend goes there and he's really enjoying it!

Good luck! Hope you get in! :biggrin:
Reply 3
I've got a conditional offer for media production🙌🙌🙌
Reply 4
Woo! Congrats! I hope you get in! I made a group for those studying media production or/and film and television in 2015
Reply 5
Original post by Kimmykairi
I got 2 unconditional offers for Film & Television and Media production at Lincoln. Cannot wait, think I'm going to choose Film & television! Anyone else get in for either of them?

I would be hugely appreciative of any advice from older students! :biggrin:

Nice! What did attract them in your PS so they didn't even go for conditional, but for unconditional? Do you have any work experience in media? Also applying there!
Reply 6
Original post by Antekk
Nice! What did attract them in your PS so they didn't even go for conditional, but for unconditional? Do you have any work experience in media? Also applying there!

I think as I am not taking (and have not taken) A levels, they had nothing to condition my offer on! It was always going to be either a yes or a no. I am applying as a mature student (I just turned 21) and I have done some Open University courses which may have helped show I am able to write and study at a university level? All combined, it was obviously enough. The media courses at Lincoln have a pretty high applications-to-offer ratio in general also.

Hope you get in! :smile: Good luck!
Reply 7
I think as I am not taking (and have not taken) A levels, they had nothing to condition my offer on! It was always going to be either a yes or a no. I am applying as a mature student (I just turned 21) and I have done some Open University courses which may have helped show I am able to write and study at a university level? All combined, it was obviously enough. The media courses at Lincoln have a pretty high applications-to-offer ratio in general also.

Hope you get in! :smile: Good luck!

Lucky you! Not being under a million exams pressure (Polish educational system
[*]) would be nice. I have to live in stress until summer. See ya! :wink:
I have an unconditional offer for Media Production!! So excited!!
Reply 9
Original post by oliviajread
I have an unconditional offer for Media Production!! So excited!!

Woo congrats!!! Are you waiting to hear back on any other courses?

I sent my reply for Media production last week! It's official, I'm studying Media production. Cannot waaitt!! :biggrin:

Fyi, if you do go with Media Production, I made a group for us all on Facebook :smile: figured it'd be nice to meet fellow coursemates :biggrin: https://www.facebook.com/groups/401112826718893/
(edited 9 years ago)
Woo congrats!!! Are you waiting to hear back on any other courses?

I sent my reply for Media production last week! It's official, I'm studying Media production. Cannot waaitt!! :biggrin:

Fyi, if you do go with Media Production, I made a group for us all on Facebook :smile: figured it'd be nice to meet fellow coursemates :biggrin: https://www.facebook.com/groups/401112826718893/

Waiting on 1 more from uwe Bristol! Although I think I'm falling in love with lincoln!!
Reply 11
Original post by oliviajread
Waiting on 1 more from uwe Bristol! Although I think I'm falling in love with lincoln!!

Lincoln is lovely! :biggrin: My boyfriend is studying there doing Journalism and PR. He's in his first year and they've already offered him some amazing opportunities!!

Also, free hoodie! :biggrin:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/401112826718893/

The facebook group for any 2015 applicant on media courses :smile:
I applied for the same courses, got conditional offers for both! So excited!
Already responded on the Lincoln 2015 applicants post but I got an unconditional to study Film & TV in September, looking forward to meeting you there :smile:
Reply 15
I've been offered an unconditional from Lincoln for Film and Television and I'm most likely going to put Lincoln as my first choice. I'll be going to the applicants open day on Wednesday 18th February will anyone else? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by jacke409
I've been offered an unconditional from Lincoln for Film and Television and I'm most likely going to put Lincoln as my first choice. I'll be going to the applicants open day on Wednesday 18th February will anyone else? :smile:

Heyy! We have a little group on Facebook for Media Production and Film&Television. :biggrin: https://www.facebook.com/groups/401112826718893/ Congrats on getting in!
Original post by jacke409

I also have an unconditional for Film and TV! Congrats :smile:
Reply 18
I've got an unconditional for Media Production😊😊 :smile: I really loved the uni but I can't decide which uni course would be better for me out of my top three Lincoln ,Hertfordshire and Royal Holloway :smile:x
Reply 19
Original post by holliexx
I've got an unconditional for Media Production :smile: I really loved the uni but I can't decide which uni course would be better for me out of my top three Lincoln ,Hertfordshire and Royal Holloway :smile:x

Congrats!! Are you going to an applicant day? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest