The Student Room Group

Help I Dont know what to do now

Graduated with a 2:2 degree in Flim and Television and new media

Couldn't get a job in tv or film (2015-2017) lost hope and went from retail job to bus driver.

My mental health has gotten worse depressed alot more panic attacks feeling stuck etc.

This year I feel empowered to get back into the sector I love and studied, but not sure where to start and if I will be able to after having been away for 9 years and had a baby in that time (who is now 7 years old)

Please help dont know who else I can talk to about this
Original post by Rudinahitchman91
Graduated with a 2:2 degree in Flim and Television and new media

Couldn't get a job in tv or film (2015-2017) lost hope and went from retail job to bus driver.

My mental health has gotten worse depressed alot more panic attacks feeling stuck etc.

This year I feel empowered to get back into the sector I love and studied, but not sure where to start and if I will be able to after having been away for 9 years and had a baby in that time (who is now 7 years old)

Please help dont know who else I can talk to about this

Have you considered networking and talk to people who are working in the sector?

Most of the people are in London, so if you're a fair distance away, it's kind of difficult.
You should also note that a lot of the roles in TV and film are temporary i.e. you would be freelancing a lot of the time.
Finding work in that industry is very competitive and often requires a lot of temporary work around different studios before you get get your foot in the door. What kinds of jobs would you be looking for in that sector? As it has been said before, most of the jobs will be in London, although there are exciting studio developments in other areas, for example in Kent and in Sunderland.

Quick Reply

Latest