The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminter offerd to consider me for a different degree then I appiled for.

I applied to Westminster for film and a week ago they told me I wasn't accepted into the film program. I was then told I could be considered for contemporary media ba and television production. Is this normal? Has anyone been offered something similar and accepted?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by agirlcalled9rae
I applied to Westminster for film and a week ago they told me I wasn't accepted into the film program. I was then told I could be considered for contemporary media ba and television production. Is this normal? Has anyone been offered something similar and accepted?

The concept of being made an offer for a course other than (but similar to) that to which you applied is not uncommon. It's better than a straight rejection, as it gives you another opportunity to gain a place at uni.

Does the alternative course have any appeal?
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by DataVenia
The concept of being made an offer for a course other than (but similar to) that to which you applied is not uncommon. It's better than a straight rejection, as it gives you another opportunity to gain a place at uni.

Does the alternative course have any appeal?

Yeah, I agree. Both courses seem pretty good to me so I told them I wanted to be considered for both, and they told me they sent my applications to the respective tutors. I was just really curious if anyone else is in the same situation and if they have been offered a spot in the alternative course.
Original post by agirlcalled9rae

DO NOT TAKE IT. I came here 3 years ago under the same offer. Applied for film, was given TV. The course is the worst waste of money you could ever give. The teachers genuinely do not care. Film uses all the facilities. You’re not taught a single thing about the industry. And then when you’ve scraped through a mediocre mark and made 0 connections. The tutors sit down and pat themselves on the back. I would t wish my worst enemy here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending