The Student Room Group

What jobs can we do if taking media studies?

Hello so my dream jobs is being that man on the TV and I don't wanna go too deep into the game or programming and film analysing and those stuff. Idk if this is the right subject for me to pursue that job?
Original post by Buna1611
Hello so my dream jobs is being that man on the TV and I don't wanna go too deep into the game or programming and film analysing and those stuff. Idk if this is the right subject for me to pursue that job?

Journalist, Pundit, Host
Original post by Buna1611

Hello there!

First off, it’s really good that you know exactly what you would like to pursue. This can be incredibly helpful in making important decisions/choices about your career.

Media Studies is an excellent degree with a diverse range of options for your future career. A degree in media studies will provide insight and exposure to not only television and movies but also journalism, advertising, and marketing, amongst many other fields. You might even end up changing your mind about the specific niche you would like to pursue! This is a good thing as you will end up finding something that you really want to do to make a living. So, to answer your question, yes, media studies is a good option for you to study, if you’d like to explore your desired field along with some related fields.

However, if you are really set on television alone, it might be worth exploring some specific degrees such as Film Studies, Journalism (Sports Journalism, for example, is another popular niche in this field), Filmmaking, Film and Television Production, and Broadcast Production, to name a few.

All the very best for all your future endeavours!

Warm Regards,
Upasana Bhatt,
Richmond American University Student Ambassador.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending