The Student Room Group

GIRLS: Which is cooler to wear at nightclubs, suit/jacket or hoodie/tshirt?

GIRLS: Which is cooler to wear at nightclubs, suit/jacket or hoodie/tshirt (for boys)?

So, which one seems most attractive to you.. and please write your age.

Scroll to see replies

I'm 21 and clubs get hot so I'd say t shirt but then I haven't been clubbing in 2 years so idc.
For comfort, t shirt and hoodie.

Guys in suits though :drool:
Reply 3
17. Jacket is obviously more attractive :mmm:
Reply 4
Neither really, but depends where you're going broseph?

Shirt and jeans, smart shoes / or t-shirt jeans would be more comfortable probably
depends on what you can pull of really. But a full suit at a nightclub? bit weird..
I'm a guy but just go with a button-down shirt and jeans or chinos, unless you didn't have the chance to change, as going in a suit is trying a bit too hard and if you can, you might as well do better than the standard t shirt and jeans.
Reply 7
I've never been to a club that lets guys in with a hoodie. Usually guys have to dress smart casual ish, but a suit would be a tad excessive.
Reply 8
Original post by suudsioee
depends on what you can pull of really. But a full suit at a nightclub? bit weird..

Let assume clubs like Tiger Tiger, what to wear?:tongue:
22. Smart casual go nice jeans and a shirt or a nice top. Hoody less likely to get in, suit too formal unless it's after a sports dinner or grad ball or something
Original post by Highli
Let assume clubs like Tiger Tiger, what to wear?:tongue:

ooh okay then, well at tiger tiger people usually look a bit formal.. but like a sexy casual formal. so maybe wear dress pants and a form fitting button down shirt ( you dont wanna look like your drownin in ur dads oversized shirt). top button undone. idk lol
Reply 11
Original post by suudsioee
ooh okay then, well at tiger tiger people usually look a bit formal.. but like a sexy casual formal. so maybe wear dress pants and a form fitting button down shirt ( you dont wanna look like your drownin in ur dads oversized shirt). top button undone. idk lol

Oh thanks! Lol I usually prefer to go clubs in Kanye West style :biggrin:. I need to make a U-turn:frown:
Reply 12
a club where they let hoodies in is not the sort of place nice girls go out.
Original post by Thuggee
a club where they let hoodies in is not the sort of place nice girls go out.

Every club in oxford then ha
Reply 14
despite being a guy :P- It really depends on the club, but i think that whilst in some you can get away with a hoodie its never better to wear one. Honestly mate if ur going out to get girls wear fancy dress, the stupider the better. You will have far more success in a dinosaur onesie than you might expect. Unless i've missed the point in that you want to genuinely impress a girl, in which case don't try to do so in clubs.
Original post by Sam Walters
Every club in oxford then ha

Oxford night life sucks soo bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Sereni
despite being a guy :P- It really depends on the club, but i think that whilst in some you can get away with a hoodie its never better to wear one. Honestly mate if ur going out to get girls wear fancy dress, the stupider the better. You will have far more success in a dinosaur onesie than you might expect. Unless i've missed the point in that you want to genuinely impress a girl, in which case don't try to do so in clubs.

:biggrin: What I mean by hoodie is this; http://www.celebritystreetstyle.com/images/batch/kanye-man-tunics-700.jpg

-The one at the very right hand side.
Reply 17
Original post by Highli
:biggrin: What I mean by hoodie is this; http://www.celebritystreetstyle.com/images/batch/kanye-man-tunics-700.jpg

-The one at the very right hand side.

I guess I think you need to specify your purpose and situation, are you a student? are you intending to go hunting , will you be hunting solo or in a pack? do you want to impress someone in particular?

PS but im going to sleep now anyway:P
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Sereni
I guess I think you need to specify your purpose and situation, are you a student? are you intending to go hunting , will you be hunting solo or in a pack? do you want to impress someone in particular?

I'm a uni student, at early 20s.. Going with friends (usually Student Union or Tiger Tiger type of clubs).. and yes to impress a girl (hunting lol) :biggrin:

I almost never see someone with a jacket and smart shoes.. Dudes wear Primark tshirts and "hunt" girls, but I'm not sure :confused:
Reply 19
Original post by Highli
I'm a uni student, at early 20s.. Going with friends (usually Student Union or Tiger Tiger type of clubs).. and yes to impress a girl (hunting lol) :biggrin:

I almost never see someone with a jacket and smart shoes.. Dudes wear Primark tshirts and "hunt" girls, but I'm not sure :confused:

When I used to do it in london with a group of mates we used to call it sharking, really its all about the confidence, if you have are comfortable and feel confident it really really doesn't matter what you wear. I havn't done it in a while now but there are a few 'rules' that I assume havn't changed

1) The eye contact->smile, if you catch a girl looking and then both of you smile then go for it. Obviously I don't mean go and start grinding but usually its an invitation to dance with her, dance for a lil bit and if she seems ok with it ry placing your hands lightly on her hips. At this point you will either get a polite rejection where she kind of shuffles away to dance with her friends or more often I find she will look up (or down i guess if you are short :P )and lean in for a kiss.

2) The eye contact-> smile->kiss is pretty rare and pretty passive as if a girl doesnt do it you are pretty stuck so: Have fun, dance like you are enjoying yourself, do NOT just sway side to side or anything, if you are doing the maccarena and make someone laugh that's step one at two right there.

3) Two pieces of advice that i am a bit iffy about because I don't really recommend them but they do both work: If you smoke-Go to the smoking area, can i bum a light is probably one of the biggest conversations starters out there, plus you get girls bumming fags all the time, and if you smoke rollups or somehow keep them along for a little bit they will probably finish their fag with you. WHat you don't wanna do is just give them a fag and watch as she walks away forever. The second bad bit of advice depends on how flush you are, it's pretty sad but I have rarely failed or seen anyone fail when they lead with 'can i get you a drink', either you get a clear no sign or a clear yes sign.

4) The pre-game/predrinks whatever, its much easier to talk to girls and pull in a party like environment, sometimes you won't know you have pulled until you are at the club as lots of girls wait until their friends can't see them lol, if you hit it of with a girl and wanna get a bit of privacy something like 'im getting a drink wanna come or going for a fag if you wanna come' works really well.

My biggest bit of advice is to just try to have a good night, yea pulling a smoking hot bae can make a good night epic, but going in with a good attitude and good friends is what makes the night good in the first place. You defs don't wanna be a creeper. And again what you wear almost doesn't matter, I've had just as much luck in everything from onesies to suits. (there is normally a minimum level of formal as long as you meet this its fine (fancy dress is always ok))

Also appologies to any women this offends but I have found it all to be true, if I've gotten anything totally wrong correct me but I used to go clubbing loads and most of the time I went I would be trying to pull (and most nights its pretty easy to at least pull a couple of girls)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest