The Student Room Group

Experience in secondary school - what to wear?

My friend is getting some experience in a secondary school and is wondering what to wear. He hasn't been told anything by the school yet (but has asked. They take a while to respond so thought it might be a good idea to get a general idea from here).

He is thinking black trousers, white shirt, tie, and suit jacket thing, which we are both sure will be fine, but does look a bit similar to a school uniform (as only the tie and jacket will be different to what a pupil would wear). Is this a problem?

Also, he has to go in for some training stuff to do with safeguarding and school policies for a few hours. Would this also likely require the same smart dress code (again, we assume it would).

I'm just hoping the temperature stays low, although with the temperature we get getting around London recently, I doubt that will happen.

Thank you!
Reply 1
Trousers, shirt and tie are fine. Take the jacket off if it is hot and short sleaves are fine.
Original post by hotpud
Trousers, shirt and tie are fine. Take the jacket off if it is hot and short sleaves are fine.

Thank you! I know it's not the most important thing to worry about, but knowing what to wear always stresses me out, and I'm not in front of hundreds of kids!
And just to check, as the training stuff is in the school, this will also require the smart clothing? I doubt they'll be wanting people turning up in tracksuits.

I know these seem like obvious things, but it's the first time he's done something like this so just wants to make sure.
Reply 4
This is a great idea
https://youtube.com/shorts/j51FNuS2xas?feature=share

I would go for a business casual look. Suit separates or a suit with no tie / shirt and trousers etc.
Reply 5
Original post by Uni_student3132
And just to check, as the training stuff is in the school, this will also require the smart clothing? I doubt they'll be wanting people turning up in tracksuits.

I know these seem like obvious things, but it's the first time he's done something like this so just wants to make sure.

Unless specified, go for a smart look.
Thank you both!

Seems like what he thought is suitable which is good to hear :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending