The Student Room Group

Advice Please! :S

Okay so i'm in year 10 now doing some tests and what not but i'm starting to panic very badly as my grades are staring to drop. I am taking triple science, Spanish, history and music (music is fine) with all my grades dropping i am seriously worrying about my future while i'm only 14 and it' s starting to just get depressing D:
Any help would great! Thanks!
Don't panic, just keep it cool.

It's not too late to fix any issues that you're having with work. The first thing you should do is identify why your grades aren't as good as you want them to be. Is it that you don't know the content well enough? Do you think you should do more past papers for each subject? Are you putting in enough work at home?

Figure that out and you can fix it. Also if you have someone to speak to about it, like a teacher at school, then ask them for advice too.
Reply 2
Original post by ThunderClouds
Okay so i'm in year 10 now doing some tests and what not but i'm starting to panic very badly as my grades are staring to drop. I am taking triple science, Spanish, history and music (music is fine) with all my grades dropping i am seriously worrying about my future while i'm only 14 and it' s starting to just get depressing D:
Any help would great! Thanks!

Firstly, take a deeeeeep breath. It'll all come right :smile:

Secondly, (you might not like this) GCSEs are not that important. Bear with me, you need to pass to get onto some A levels, and you need Cs to get into most post 16 courses, but they do not impact much after that.

Divide up your time, make a revision timetable and stick to it. Give yourself breaks, get a good nights sleep and do your homework. Don't stress yourself out about any of it - remember that your mental health comes first and foremost, anything else can be sorted later on :smile:
Original post by Sophyla
Firstly, take a deeeeeep breath. It'll all come right :smile:

Secondly, (you might not like this) GCSEs are not that important. Bear with me, you need to pass to get onto some A levels, and you need Cs to get into most post 16 courses, but they do not impact much after that.

Divide up your time, make a revision timetable and stick to it. Give yourself breaks, get a good nights sleep and do your homework. Don't stress yourself out about any of it - remember that your mental health comes first and foremost, anything else can be sorted later on :smile:
Thank you! I will try my best :biggrin:
Original post by SeanFM
Don't panic, just keep it cool.

It's not too late to fix any issues that you're having with work. The first thing you should do is identify why your grades aren't as good as you want them to be. Is it that you don't know the content well enough? Do you think you should do more past papers for each subject? Are you putting in enough work at home?

Figure that out and you can fix it. Also if you have someone to speak to about it, like a teacher at school, then ask them for advice too.

Thank you! I will try my best at it as much as i can :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest