The Student Room Group

New school move query

Hi! I am currently in year 11 and I have moved into my new school form London to West Midlands. I was about to write my personal statement for my sixth from application when i realized i needed my predicted/target grades. My new school stated that because I had just arrived , mind you despite the fact that I had already stayed at my old school for 3 years thus have some academic data, my target grades will all be 5's which I am very much confused about because the target grades I previously had and need for my application were higher than this. Please , If you have any knowledge or advice to give please tell me . This school is already worsening my mental health so please I just need any advice good or bad.
Thank you :smile:
hello! i'm sorry to hear about your situation. not sure if this advice helps but i changed schools in y10 before my gcses - could you either talk to your school administration - the higher education / careers office if your school has one, and just the general office if not - and explain that you need the grades for admissions? i'm sure they would be sympathetic for that. if not you could just submit the reports from previous years and inform the sixth form that you're applying to about your situation. best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by valeriechan
hello! i'm sorry to hear about your situation. not sure if this advice helps but i changed schools in y10 before my gcses - could you either talk to your school administration - the higher education / careers office if your school has one, and just the general office if not - and explain that you need the grades for admissions? i'm sure they would be sympathetic for that. if not you could just submit the reports from previous years and inform the sixth form that you're applying to about your situation. best of luck!

Hi! and thx for replying :smile:
I just talked to one of the administrators and he said I could ask my former school for my predicted grades which I will do so tomorrow and hopefully see how those are. I will apply to my chosen sixth form immediately as I'm unsure about what ever is going on at my new school. Also do I just inform the sixth form in my personal statement or at my interview if they ask about my predicted grades?
Thanks again for the advice
no worries - there should probably be a box in the application form for your chosen sixth form where you can add additional, relevant information. if not, email them, maybe?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending