Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Interestingly qns like haber process didnt come out
Reply 21
Original post by nicsg98
Interestingly qns like haber process didnt come out

Or equilibrium
Reply 22
I am expecting that friday's paper will be alot tougher?? Am i rite??
Original post by HAnwar
I didn't like the 5 marker though at the end.

Five marker at the end?! :s-smilie:
Original post by nicsg98
I am expecting that friday's paper will be alot tougher?? Am i rite??

I think it will just have lots about the harder topics (equilibrium, more on electrolysis, Haber and Contact processes, more experimental details)! The June 2014 papers were both easy, so our second paper could be relatively easy as well!

I'm predicting straightforward questions about the harder topics with one or two really hard questions sprinkled in! :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by thefoodieteen
I think it will just have lots about the harder topics (equilibrium, more on electrolysis, Haber and Contact processes, more experimental details)! The June 2014 papers were both easy, so our second paper could be relatively easy as well!

I'm predicting straightforward questions about the harder topics with one or two really hard questions sprinkled in! :smile:

Yes that definitely sounds possible!
Reply 26
What do you think the grade boubdaries would be?
Reply 27
[QUOTE="thefoodieteen;52887183"]Five marker at the end?! :s-smilie:[/QUOTE

Wasnt the last qn on how concentration affects the rate?
Reply 28
Five marker at the end?! :s-smilie:

Towards the end. Something to do with a precipitation reaction?
Reply 29
Original post by HAnwar
Towards the end. Something to do with a precipitation reaction?

Is it the one where they ask how to obtain a solid lead(II) bromide?
I will be doing my IGCSE and GCSE as a self study candidate in June. Any advice? I plan on starting past papers for all around the end of February. Some sooner though. At the moment I'm just studying the material still. Dreading having to learn how to do the calculations. I reviewed it for a few days around last summer and realised I had to leave it till later to even consider it! It does make a bit more sense now though
Original post by Ambrosia_angel
I will be doing my IGCSE and GCSE as a self study candidate in June. Any advice? I plan on starting past papers for all around the end of February. Some sooner though. At the moment I'm just studying the material still. Dreading having to learn how to do the calculations. I reviewed it for a few days around last summer and realised I had to leave it till later to even consider it! It does make a bit more sense now though

My advice is lots of past papers, the CGP book, and the Edexcel revision guide by Cliff Curtis! Good luck!
My advice is lots of past papers, the CGP book, and the Edexcel revision guide by Cliff Curtis! Good luck!

Thats great I am doing past papers. Have them for the previous 8 series. So 16 papers in total and thats just for Chemistry! I will have 16 for physics and biology each thats why I need to start early! Have no idea if I'm gonna do them all or not. No harm in trying :biggrin:
I also have the revision guide and student guide. No CPG book though.

Currently writing revision notes for each requirement from the spec.

What made you pursue self study? Just curious.
Reply 33
I did this last year!!

Lol pointless I know!
Reply 34
Original post by nicsg98
Is it the one where they ask how to obtain a solid lead(II) bromide?

Can't remember. I think so?
Hi there ! The exam was fortunately easy for me as well .. A friend said he could even get the highest achievement award :biggrin: but I suppose edexcel does not give any awards for january exams. Do you have any idea about it ?
Good luck to all for paper 2 :smile:
Original post by LemonSqueezy01
Hi there ! The exam was fortunately easy for me as well .. A friend said he could even get the highest achievement award :biggrin: but I suppose edexcel does not give any awards for january exams. Do you have any idea about it ?
Good luck to all for paper 2 :smile:

No highest achievement awards in January I'm afraid! Good luck to you too :smile:
No highest achievement awards in January I'm afraid! Good luck to you too :smile:

"No highest achievement awards in January" meant there's no such award or only award to May/June candidates?

Original post by megansummer
"No highest achievement awards in January" meant there's no such award or only award to May/June candidates?

Only to May/June candidates outside of the UK.
Reply 39
Paper 2 was easier

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending