The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jitesh
How did they find out the questions? :eek:
Did your school not use the June 2014 series?

The past papers for June 2014 aren't available online... could they have predicted the questions? (It's possible for History to predict a couple)

Like for the June 2015 exams I think something about "Nazi opposition" for Hitler's Germany will crop up, as it's new to the spec... Maybe something to do with Afghanistan for the Crises of the Cold War too as that's new to that section

For AQA B

However, I wouldn't grass if I were you because they only cheated themselves if they did somehow cheat... I doubt the teachers would be able to do much apart from lecture them on how cheating isn't good!

To my understanding, they had actually seen the paper prior to the test beginning; I don't know which series it was, though - there was no cover sheet on our paper (which was handed out after the examiner finished reading the instructions as, ironically, the same people in my class who cheated had overturned their question sheets early in the last history session) :/

And yeah, I ended up not telling any authority figures post-exam, but thank you anyway :smile:
Original post by AnimeFreak101
You've already gotten the exam time table?! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaaaaaaaaaaand the realisation of sitting in an exam hall in four months time hits me ... Yet the only notice I've gotten from my school was an email stating I need to buy a graphical calculator next year ... Welp ...

Original post by OGGUS
guys what are your predicted grades and what type of school do you go to?

I go to an international school (basically Hong Kong's version of a "private" school that's somewhat more lenient and relaxed than public schools here), and all of my predicted grades are within A* and B with a GPA of 6.6 (not particularly impressive in comparison to my friends whom all are getting 7-point-whatevers). What about you? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
What's up guyz... Im kinda new on TSR
Ofcourse im in Year 11 and im taking aIhcse in may.Lets say im blank, where do i start?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Solomon's Wisdom
What's up guyz... Im kinda new on TSR
Ofcourse im in Year 11 and im taking aIhcse in may.Lets say im blank, where do i start?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly, welcome to TSR :biggrin:

Feel free to start off with anything you're interested in - I literally joined a week ago during my mocks and the first thing I saw on this thread were a bunch of conversations based around graph paper and how it irritates most people :P

If you're keen on starting conversations, go ahead and ask cliched questions that are bound to create some conversation - these can include: "what are you taking for your subjects?" and "are you doing IB, A-levels or any other equivalent qualification next year?", for example.

As I've stated the above questions, I'll start :smile: I chose Spanish, History, Drama and Business Studies as my optional subjects, with my compulsory iGCSEs being English Language (I did this last year - A* :biggrin:), World Literature, Mathematics, IT and Double Award Science.

In regards to the latter question, I'm doing IB; my subject choices were HL History, Philosophy and English Lang Lit alongside SL Spanish B, Maths Studies and Biology.

I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by xx_xx_sarah
Can somebody correct this please.

Explore the ways Steinbeck creates sympathy for Curley’s wife:

The novella ‘Of Mice and Men’ was written by John Steinbeck during the Great Depression, 1930’s.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't studied OMAM but I'll check your work in a bit if I get a chance... but the 1930s aren't owned by anyone :colondollar:
Original post by LeFeuilly
Aaaaaaaaaaaand the realisation of sitting in an exam hall in four months time hits me ... Yet the only notice I've gotten from my school was an email stating I need to buy a graphical calculator next year ... Welp ...

I go to an international school (basically Hong Kong's version of a "private" school that's somewhat more lenient and relaxed than public schools here), and all of my predicted grades are within A* and B with a GPA of 6.6 (not particularly impressive in comparison to my friends whom all are getting 7-point-whatevers). What about you? :smile:

Well basically
Maths-A*
Further Maths-A*
English-B
Science-A
Additional Science-A
Environmental Science-B
Sociology-B
Religion and society(short course) A
French-A
Geography-A
Urdu-B
Functional skills ICT level 2-pass
and I think that's it
Original post by LeFeuilly
To my understanding, they had actually seen the paper prior to the test beginning; I don't know which series it was, though - there was no cover sheet on our paper (which was handed out after the examiner finished reading the instructions as, ironically, the same people in my class who cheated had overturned their question sheets early in the last history session) :/

And yeah, I ended up not telling any authority figures post-exam, but thank you anyway :smile:

So they got extra time?
Although it's cheating, it's not testing their time management
If they finished in 25 minutes, surely they would have had the same amount of time as you spent - if not less; the invigilator's instructions normally is only 3-4 minutes :smile:! (assuming it's 35 minutes per topic)
In year 10 I failed mainly Geography, English and French
Literally had all the exams below

OCR B geography
GCSE MATHS
GCSE PHYSICS- 2
GCSE BIOLOGY - 2
GCSE CHEMISTRY- 2
GCSE ENGLISH - 2
GCSE RE - (forced by our school)
BTEC ICT
BTEC BUSINESS
Hey, new to student room so thought I would tell everyone where I'm at:
my A Level choices are maths, further maths, economics, history and physics/computing. I haven't decided whether to do physics or computing yet, they are both strong subjects for me but I enjoy computing much more. My only worry is I know some universities see computing as a 'soft' subject but will me doing 5 AS cancel this out? I want to do economics at uni so I would drop computing at AS. Although if I change my mind and want to do a maths degree I would drop history and then physics would be much a better A Level than computing. Can anyone help :confused:
Original post by GeniulsyEvil
Literally had all the exams below

OCR B geography
GCSE MATHS
GCSE PHYSICS- 2
GCSE BIOLOGY - 2
GCSE CHEMISTRY- 2
GCSE ENGLISH - 2
GCSE RE - (forced by our school)
BTEC ICT
BTEC BUSINESS

How come it's force... Mine is that you have to do it, I would do it anyways cuz it's easy.
Original post by domaths
my A Level choices are maths, further maths, economics, history and physics/computing. I haven't decided whether to do physics or computing yet, they are both strong subjects for me but I enjoy computing much more. My only worry is I know some universities see computing as a 'soft' subject but will me doing 5 AS cancel this out? I want to do economics at uni so I would drop computing at AS. Although if I change my mind and want to do a maths degree I would drop history and then physics would be much a better A Level than computing. Can anyone help :confused:

Hi, that's a very good combination I'm going to do Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. Also may I ask you your GCSEs predicted grades
Original post by OGGUS
Hi, that's a very good combination I'm going to do Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. Also may I ask you your GCSEs predicted grades

A*s: Maths, additonal science, english lit + lang, computing, history
As: French, ICT, RS
(Already have A*s in statistics and core science :biggrin:)
So what do you think i should choose computing or physics?
Also what are you thinking of doing after A Levels? :smile:
Original post by domaths

I'm doing Maths, Physics and Economics too :tongue: I suggest you ask this question in the Choosing A Levels thread as I've asked a few questions and everyone's quite helpful as they've actually done them before :smile:
Original post by Peachy23
I'm doing Maths, Physics and Economics too :tongue: I suggest you ask this question in the Choosing A Levels thread as I've asked a few questions and everyone's quite helpful as they've actually done them before :smile:

Thanks, will do !
All A* in mocks!

what do you think about these Alevel choices: maths , further maths, economics, geography, history
Original post by chumaniward
All A* in mocks!

what do you think about these Alevel choices: maths , further maths, economics, geography, history

well done!!

depends on what you want to do in the future. You'd be fine for economics and business-like degrees. The History and Geog would make you suitable for something like PPE...?
What do you think of my a levels?
Chinese, English Language, Philosophy and Ethics and Music.
I'm thinking of doing something like Japanese Studies at uni, or maybe linguistics. I want to end up in the BBC.
Fml just had open evening, every thing went well until maths. So I get to my maths teacher and I asked him whether I could do hl maths and he said I had almost no chance of getting a 7 or 6. Basically planned my ib round doing hl maths as well. Crying inside :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest