Scroll to see replies

What's the best tip for revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
Thanks, my speaking was okay but I could have done better

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same for me. Next time I'm definitely going to get an A* :smile:
Original post by hussel
Guys I am really depressed, I moved house in October n I live 2 hours away from skl now! All my friends are revising 24/7 but I just can't i live with my uncle now as he lives closer to my school this means I only see my family on the weekend. :frown: I just miss them a lot n I can't revise. For my mocks I got 1B 1A 2Ds n 4Cs plz help me on the weekends I just watch TV talk with family as I miss them a lot instead of revising n on school days I can't do anything cuz I just think of family issues n everything sorry I don't know what I am saying. But I just feel like a loser n a piece of lazy s*** it's all cuz of me I am too lazy :frown: before I moved i always aimed for As n now I'm far from it

It's not because you are lazy. You are in some pretty unfortunate circumstances that are naturally having an effect on you. It's not your fault, neither is it anyone's.

That being said, have you tried talking to your school about it? They may be able to help you plan your revision out and give you extra help to get your grades back up. And don't worry about revising 24/7 just yet - chances are your friends will get burned out and stressed way before exams even start. As my dad says, what's the point in remembering everything in March?

Hope all is well soon. Keep smiling :smile:

Edit: you might find talking to usycool about this useful, he managed to get some very impressive grades under some bad circumstances too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Mock Spanish results, ohmygods >_<

Speaking: A - the worst part is that I'm one percent off of an A*

Listening: A. I was expecting a B from this as it went horridly (e.g. I thought "moto trial" was mock trial -_-), so I've surprised myself

Reading: B, though I was only two marks or so off of an A. This grade is probably subject to change as my paper was marked incorrectly; amendments, I've been told, will be made tomorrow in class as we will be going through our tests then.

Writing: B. This was absolutely horrid, especially since I struggle with fitting in c.18 verbs into each writing component; I'm hoping to improve this, though I'm not entirely sure how to save for copious amounts of practice and past papers.

Overall, it gives me a B (为什么为什么) which is a major disappointment as I'm on a predicted grade A, but oh well ...
what came for the JANUARY 2015 ENGLISH IGCSE ?
I AM ASKING FOR THE ANTHOLOGY TOPICS
Original post by student_2014
what came for the JANUARY 2015 ENGLISH IGCSE ?
I AM ASKING FOR THE ANTHOLOGY TOPICS

If you mean iGCSE World Lit topics, then I did mine based upon social injustice and how it is reflected in Muliebrity and Carpet Weavers, Morocco, for example.
Original post by LeFeuilly
it gives me a B (为什么为什么)

Why did you say 'Why why' in Chinese?
I'm planning on doing English Lit, Psychology, Sociology and Politics at A Level but I'm worried about these subjects being regarded as 'soft'? I'm not sure what I want to do at uni but English is my favourite subject and I enjoy Psychology, which I am currently studying at GCSE. However, would Sociology be too similar to Psychology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sixth form v College

i prefer sixthform anyway i have a sixth form interview on this saturday so when do you guys have yours( if you are going sixth form and what do they ask)!
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I'm planning on doing English Lit, Psychology, Sociology and Politics at A Level but I'm worried about these subjects being regarded as 'soft'? I'm not sure what I want to do at uni but English is my favourite subject and I enjoy Psychology, which I am currently studying at GCSE. However, would Sociology be too similar to Psychology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wouldn't say they are soft because to be honest it depends on what you want to do after sixth form/College so for sixthform/college you need to choose subjects which direct you into what you want to do, so i wouldnt care about waht other people say as long as they help me to acheive my goals.

i am doing - A-level chemistry
A-level Geograph
A-level maths
A-level Biology

because i want go to Medical school- to study medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your best bet would be to check different uni websites and see what they regard as 'soft'. Normally if 2 subjects overlap quite significantly then they'd prefer you only take one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you guys started revising yet for real exams?
Ew we have mocks after half term

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jitesh
Have you guys started revising yet for real exams?

Just some revision sessions at school. Plus we've finished the syllabus in a few of my subjects so we're revising in class

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone here choosing to do the IB? (International Baccalaureate)
Our school got two more mocks, in march and april. Thats so much better because it means we can do so much better! LOL Does anyone else has any more mocks apart from the first mock
Original post by Déscartés
Just some revision sessions at school. Plus we've finished the syllabus in a few of my subjects so we're revising in class

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think we'll finish half our subject specs, so I better get self learning :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about it. Universities only ask for specific subjects in things like science degrees etc, if you know what you want to do for your degree then I would recommend you look at universities and see if they do ask for any specific subjects. Also, psychology is actually regarded as one of the harder A-Levels as it is a science, and sociology and psychology aren't similar at all, they just go hand in hand together.
Original post by Positivedani
Ew we have mocks after half term

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have done our mocks before Christmas holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone here doing Gcse business studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest