The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deliriouskisses
New to TSR so just thought I'd say hi! First post hehe :awesome:

Welcome!
Original post by ImagineCats
Argh I'm so envious! I'd love to be smart enough to do that!

I keep on changing my mind between German/Foreign languages, psychology or law :frown: I've got about 2 years to chose but wtf do I do about work experience if I suddenly change my choice last minute? I've chosen my options thinking they'll flex for all of them, but I'm getting quite panicky :s-smilie:

I don't even know if you need work experience to do them! Unless you're planning to go to Oxbridge :smile:

However, it might be a good idea to try getting some relevant work experience for all three - so you can see which one you really do like?
Original post by hysterialoretta

does anyone here know how to do vectors? ?

Can u show a specific question plz it would be useful. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I the only one worried about the new AS/A2 reforms??
I mean I think our generation will miss the worst of the changes but wat if the new changes really mess it up for us.

P.s does anyone here know how to do vectors? ?

At our school, we'll be doing AS still just they won't really count - unless you drop that subject

Some subjects are modular still :smile:

If they really mess up, universities likely will just accept people who may have missed their offers!
Original post by kid_kangaroo
Who hasn't started revising yet? I feel as though everyone I know has and here I am... Still procrastinating lol

I need reassurance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most people I know are starting after half term :smile:
Even then, that'll leave you with loads of time to relax!
Original post by kid_kangaroo
Who hasn't started revising yet? I feel as though everyone I know has and here I am... Still procrastinating lol

I need reassurance

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have started but just a little bit . Right now I am concentrating more on the work we r doing now. But yeah I will start my proper revision in half term.
Just Relax and Good Luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyou
I really can't wait to drop the subjects I hate..
COME CLOSER SIXTH FORM PLEASE :frown:

I second this! Goodbye science!

Also, no more (or at least fewer) people who don't want to be there ruining the classes for everyone else! YES!
Original post by Quintessentially
I second this! Goodbye science!

Also, no more (or at least fewer) people who don't want to be there ruining the classes for everyone else! YES!

Instead, I get to say: hello science!

Doing all the sciences and maths :smile:

Hopefully there will be less people ruining classes too!
But classes are massive in my school :s-smilie:
Original post by Fallen99
Can u show a specific question plz it would be useful. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

HERE ISTHE QUESTION. I CAN DO VECTORS IN TRIANGLES BUT NOT PARALLELOGRAMS
Thank you in advance if you are able to help me :biggrin:
Guyys, how big do you think your sixth form classes will be? Mine are going be tiny, there's only going to be three people in my physics class :biggrin: (including me), that's probably will be the same with my spanish and chemistry class. Maths will be really massive though :frown:
Guyys, how big do you think your sixth form classes will be? Mine are going be tiny, there's only going to be three people in my physics class :biggrin: (including me), that's probably will be the same with my spanish and chemistry class. Maths will be really massive though :frown:

My classes will be really small as there are only going to be about 40 of us in Year 12 next year. There will probably be about 10 of us in my English class, 10 in my Psychology class and 5 in my Politics class. I'm the only one doing Sociology (unless another girl in my year ends up staying, in which case there'll be two of us!) :frown:

Like 3 in my further maths class and probably around 20 in my science classes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Purple-Pixie
My classes will be really small as there are only going to be about 40 of us in Year 12 next year. There will probably be about 10 of us in my English class, 10 in my Psychology class and 5 in my Politics class. I'm the only one doing Sociology (unless another girl in my year ends up staying, in which case there'll be two of us!) :frown:

Woah! There's going to be 180 in ours but it's vary English/Pyschology/Sociology dominated so luckily not many people take science and maths. I prefer smaller classes sometimes :smile:

Not very good at explaining things in words, but here's how I'd go about it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Like 3 in my further maths class and probably around 20 in my science classes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah! 20?? The maximum class size in my school is 15 for A-Levels..
Woah! 20?? The maximum class size in my school is 15 for A-Levels..

Some maths classes in my school are 28 people!

For science it depends on the science but normally 22-25ish!

State schools lol

Ai) 0.5a
Aii)0.5a + -0.5c
B) AC= a-c
a-c = 2(0.5a + -0.5c)
Parallel because they're multiples

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woah! There's going to be 180 in ours but it's vary English/Pyschology/Sociology dominated so luckily not many people take science and maths. I prefer smaller classes sometimes :smile:

Yeah, smaller classes are usually better :smile: I don't want to be the only person doing Sociology though as it would be kind of awkward :colondollar:
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Yeah, smaller classes are usually better :smile: I don't want to be the only person doing Sociology though as it would be kind of awkward :colondollar:

350 per year in our sixth form, so 700 in total :O
Biggest in the region lol
Original post by Jitesh
Not very good at explaining things in words, but here's how I'd go about it.

Thank you, this really helped! :smile:
But (maybe I am getting confused here) wouldn't for part B) MN be a multiple of CA.:s-smilie:

(Your handwriting is so awesome!)

Latest