The Student Room Group

Slade School of Fine Art Application Advice

Scroll to see replies

No, I think it will be fine. I've heard that for some people they've said they'd take them on the condition they went and did a foundation first. Which is weird.
Oh yeah, 23... come soon please :smile:
I'm just going to assume I deffo didn't get it. So I don't have hopes. I'm so impatient.
Original post by Notwinter
No, I think it will be fine. I've heard that for some people they've said they'd take them on the condition they went and did a foundation first. Which is weird.
Oh yeah, 23... come soon please :smile:
I'm just going to assume I deffo didn't get it. So I don't have hopes. I'm so impatient.

I would happily do that. I suppose if they see a glimmer of potential from A-level students they know that they are going to not have the full independence like foundation students so just prepare them for a year.

I think I read somewhere if you got an interview you get a written email/letter however if you are unsuccessful you get a UCAS update so you will pretty much know from the exterior of whatever information provided. Fun fact haha
I read that too. But you know from UCAS anyway as you will probably have to accept by track?
I'm not sure. I've heard of people getting in from Alevel, it's just the majority are doing foundations at the moment.
Wow, the work on those Flickr accounts is amazing.
I really don't think my work is strong enough for the slade and a lot of it is drawing/illustration and textiles.... Is there much point me still going on Wednesday? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found the stats from last year guys. I seriously can't sleep. I'm so dramatic haha.
1600 applies and 160 got interviews. It's majority BA though. Although they take roughly the same for each 20/20
Original post by AnnieLS
Wow, the work on those Flickr accounts is amazing.
I really don't think my work is strong enough for the slade and a lot of it is drawing/illustration and textiles.... Is there much point me still going on Wednesday? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! Go on Wednesday./ You've applied so you might as well go.
Do you do any painting or sculpture? Did you apply anywhere else for graphics or textiles?

Do you have any work online?

You've just got to see what happens. I've seen a mix of things that get in.
So glad that I found this thread. 5% is so intimidating. And from what I have seen in Flickr and other digital portfolio, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

Which other schools have you guys applied to?
Yes! Go on Wednesday./ You've applied so you might as well go.
Do you do any painting or sculpture? Did you apply anywhere else for graphics or textiles?

Do you have any work online?

You've just got to see what happens. I've seen a mix of things that get in.

I've sent you a message :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RroseSelavy
So glad that I found this thread. 5% is so intimidating. And from what I have seen in Flickr and other digital portfolio, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

Which other schools have you guys applied to?

Don't worry! We're all in with the same shot. It's scary. Luck of the draw probably :-)
do you have a online portfolio we can seen?
My portfolio which was delivered yesterday through Royal Mail for Guaranteed before 1pm delivery hasn't reached the Slade or London yet... I am freaking out so badly right now I don't understand.

Anyone any ideas about what is going on with it?
Original post by Artfanatic
My portfolio which was delivered yesterday through Royal Mail for Guaranteed before 1pm delivery hasn't reached the Slade or London yet... I am freaking out so badly right now I don't understand.

Anyone any ideas about what is going on with it?

How do you know where it is?
I'm sure it will be there tomorrow. Phone up
How do you know where it is?
I'm sure it will be there tomorrow. Phone up

It has a tracker thing connected with the Royal Mail. It says it got to my local cities delivery centre and was then sent off to London however that was at 7 last night and there has been no other updates...

I will be so annoyed if it doesn't reach there in time. :frown:
Art schools are understanding, I know someone who couldn't upload their online portfolio for Edinburgh and got a few days extension to complete it. Seriously don't fret.
Yeah don't worry, you have till thursday. Plus the mail is fast here, it will come. People have sent their portfolios from around the world, so even if it is late I'm sure there are others too
I hope so! Thanks for the reassurance, it really is working haha. I just feel so helpless as I don't even know where the portfolio is anymore.

Time will tell how this pans out!
Original post by bertiewallace123
Art schools are understanding, I know someone who couldn't upload their online portfolio for Edinburgh and got a few days extension to complete it. Seriously don't fret.

I hope so! Speaking of Edinburgh, I received a view on my video that I sent to them... so I would guess they have looked at my portfolio now!
Well that's good! means not long now :-)

I know I'd be worried too if I didn't know where it was. But I'm 100% sure it's all good
It arrived at 9:30 this morning! A day later than it was guaranteed but at least its there! Panic over haha
hoooooray!
Good luck :smile:
hoooooray!
Good luck :smile:

hehe so relieved! Out of interest how many pieces/sketchbooks did you put in your portfolio? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest