The Student Room Group

UCAS Change Course After Offers (Kingston Uni)

I got an offer at Creative and Cultural Industries: Art Direction at kingston university , but i applied for an graphic course , i really unsure about the course as i never done any research or looked into it , what should i do ?
If you got an offer for a different course, the institution is desperate to fill places. If you know what Art Direction is, and you want to become an Art Director, then Kingston is a good place to study. But if you want to study graphic design, there are plenty of good alternatives in that part of the country.
Reply 2
Original post by Angela Pallisery
I got an offer at Creative and Cultural Industries: Art Direction at kingston university , but i applied for an graphic course , i really unsure about the course as i never done any research or looked into it , what should i do ?
Same thing happened to me. It’s a pretty new course so I guess they are trying to fill the space. From what I understand it’s a similar course to GD but more campaign/promotional focused. Kingston is known as a good design uni, and I like that we will be working with their in-house studio. However, the only review I could find was from the Uni rep, so idk.
Original post by Angela Pallisery

Hi @Angela Pallisery

Congratulations on your offer! What is the name of the graphics course? An offer to another course may suggest that your portfolio is suited better to the course you have received an offer for. If you are interested in Kingston I would suggest coming to an open day to find out more about the course and speak to lectures and students. Kingston is a great uni for art and design and as a student at Kingston School of Art I can say that I enjoy it and the creative environment.

Our next open day is Saturday 27th April!

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask!
-Grace (Kingston Rep)
Original post by Pixela
Same thing happened to me. It’s a pretty new course so I guess they are trying to fill the space. From what I understand it’s a similar course to GD but more campaign/promotional focused. Kingston is known as a good design uni, and I like that we will be working with their in-house studio. However, the only review I could find was from the Uni rep, so idk.

Hi @Pixela

Congratulations on your offer also! The facilities at Kingston are great I have recently been up to the graphic design floor and it felt like a great creative environment to work in, just like the whole of the Knights Park campus is. And the workshops are open to everyone no matter what course you study so it is really useful to try lots of different techniques and machines and incorporate different mediums into your work. Again I think it would be a good idea to visit for an open day (the next one being Saturday 27th April or the Offer Holder day in April) as you can get a few more opinions and insights from lectures and students.

I hope this helps and I can try and answer anymore questions you may have :smile:
-Grace (Kingston Reps)

Quick Reply

Latest