The Student Room Group

Slade School of Fine Art Application Advice

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Artfanatic
I know! It will be tough if I do get in as it's a fairly competitive course. I don't know really.

I feel like part of me is looking for the course and part of me is looking for the place and just the general feel. (then the other part of me is considering architecture D: )

I think that was what everyone was looking for. You have to like the place and feel.
Oh I know what you mean. Architecture is tempting sometimes
Original post by Artfanatic
I know! It will be tough if I do get in as it's a fairly competitive course. I don't know really.

I feel like part of me is looking for the course and part of me is looking for the place and just the general feel. (then the other part of me is considering architecture D: )

SAME! I;ve also applied to Edinburgh. The places I applied to were like yours, torn between feel, reputation, architecture and location. I chose Edin over Glasgow largely because Glasgow is THE rainiest city in the UK (quite an achievement given Lancaster's downpour) and i think that might affect me. The art history bit sounds soooo good (love the subject) you actually have a sort of academic vibe going on which I think Art should have. I am weary of the distance from London tho. but then again there's the highlands, lowlands, Berwick'pon-tweed etc to explore which sounds sik
Original post by bertiewallace123
SAME! I;ve also applied to Edinburgh. The places I applied to were like yours, torn between feel, reputation, architecture and location. I chose Edin over Glasgow largely because Glasgow is THE rainiest city in the UK (quite an achievement given Lancaster's downpour) and i think that might affect me. The art history bit sounds soooo good (love the subject) you actually have a sort of academic vibe going on which I think Art should have. I am weary of the distance from London tho. but then again there's the highlands, lowlands, Berwick'pon-tweed etc to explore which sounds sik

Sadly I just enjoy structure and those were the courses I applied to. I have lived in a country town all my life so even Edinburgh will come a shock to the system - just every time I have visited London I have enjoyed it so much with all the diversity and things to occupy yourself with. Good luck to you!
I'm fed up. Rejection is crap
anyone heard back from Goldsmiths yet? :frown:(
Reply 525
Original post by monika.m
anyone heard back from Goldsmiths yet? :frown:(

Not yet :/ but I'm not expecting anything for a while
Original post by -zoe-
Not yet :/ but I'm not expecting anything for a while

Alright thank you :smile:
hey guys!! just set up an account on here!! I too am waiting from replies from goldsmiths and slade!!
sooo many people on here have applied for BFA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 530
Yep, if we all get in, there will no place for the international students (which are worth to them much much more than us) :smile:
Another day, another chance.....

for rejection. Hooray
Original post by notwinter
another day, another chance.....

For rejection. Hooray

fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by amberhahn1
fingers crossed :smile:

I had this horrid dream that on the 10th I got an email saying that I had an interview, but the email somehow arrived late. Then I read it closely and it said it was for the 9th! And I called up saying oh my gosh, it isn't my fault. I didn't mean to miss it. And they said they couldn't reschedule me and I was now rejected. And then I was eaten by a bear.... :-(
worlds worst dream
Original post by Notwinter
I had this horrid dream that on the 10th I got an email saying that I had an interview, but the email somehow arrived late. Then I read it closely and it said it was for the 9th! And I called up saying oh my gosh, it isn't my fault. I didn't mean to miss it. And they said they couldn't reschedule me and I was now rejected. And then I was eaten by a bear.... :-(
worlds worst dream

Yh that is a bad dream,What do you think the bear represents, anything Freudian?
Original post by bertiewallace123
Yh that is a bad dream,What do you think the bear represents, anything Freudian?

I'm not sure, I was trapped inside some sliding doors and I was drowning and I escaped and then a bear somehow ate me. But I was still alive. It was all so confusing.
Also there was fireworks
I think we need a little more self belief up in here.
I'm overly confident that I've got one lol :smile: I'm quite delusional tho haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amberhahn1
I'm overly confident that I've got one lol :smile: I'm quite delusional tho haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yes I am also in your delusional camp. Without particularly good reason. We'll probably be the ones getting kicked in the balls :wink:
I don't wanna put my portfolio up there because I don't want loads of people viewing my work and possibly criticising haha!!! Though if people message me I can give you the link to my st martins 10 images :P

I have an unconditional from my safety net uni (ljmu) so I guess I'm a little more relaxed because I know I won't be left without a uni.

Let's be honest, if none of is get places it's because we have too much swag for them :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest