The Student Room Group

Finance The Future 2015 Intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C0C0.
Hey, how did your AC go? How many people were assessed? Any tips? :smile:

Hey, it was quite enjoyable actually, though it is quite long so I would suggest a lot of good night sleep a night before. The numerical was harder than the online one, so I don't think I did well on that one. But everything else was good, the written exercise and group exercise are both based on the same set of documents/information. I definitely liked the presentation the most. I would suggest practice a lot of numerical tests prior to AC!
Reply 21
Original post by letacool23
Hey, it was quite enjoyable actually, though it is quite long so I would suggest a lot of good night sleep a night before. The numerical was harder than the online one, so I don't think I did well on that one. But everything else was good, the written exercise and group exercise are both based on the same set of documents/information. I definitely liked the presentation the most. I would suggest practice a lot of numerical tests prior to AC!

I completed mine on Thursday. I thought the written was the "hardest" only due to the time limit. Other than that, it was fine. I agree about the numerical test though. The calculators they gave you were awful! Wasted so much time! They would not let me use my own. I still felt it went okay though :smile:
Anybody. Heard anything?
Reply 23
Original post by Prettygurl1991
Anybody. Heard anything?

Nope, nothing here yet.
Hey, I just heard back. I got through, they told me they would update me about borough interviews! Anyone else heard back?
Hey letacool,

I got an email saying that I have been successful at the assessment centre and that they are considering me for the borough interviews and will be reviewing borough preferences then get back to me. Is that how your email was worded?
Me toooooooooo!
Reply 27
I got through too :smile:
Congratulations everyone .. :wink:
Reply 29
Now we just have to see who got their top choices! :tongue:
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back regarding the final borough interview?

Also, is it one or two interviews with he boroughs this year?
Reply 31
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back regarding the final borough interview?

Also, is it one or two interviews with he boroughs this year?

I remember the girl from last year said she heard back on the 1st April and had her interview on the 4th April. However that seems a bit far away. I thought they would get back to us by early March.

Also, if I remember correctly, they said you will have interviews with two boroughs (which depends on your choices and how well you did in comparison to others).

Hope that helps. If anyone else has any input, let us know :smile:
Oh so, one interview with two different boroughs
I thought it meant two interviews with one borough
makes sense now :tongue:
I called them last week, they said we should hear back from them in two weeks time, but that it also might be earlier
Hey letacool,
yeah the turn around times have been exceptionally fast this year for some reason,
out of curiosity did anyone get rejected at assessment centre?
Also, can't find any info on salaries? Anyone got any idea on what we can expect?
Reply 35
Hey letacool,
yeah the turn around times have been exceptionally fast this year for some reason,
out of curiosity did anyone get rejected at assessment centre?
Also, can't find any info on salaries? Anyone got any idea on what we can expect?

On the FTF FAQ Section:

"What is the salary package?
Salaries can progress in excess of around £35,000 on completion of the 4 year training contract. Starting salaries and benefits will be dependent on the Borough you are placed with. The benefits will be in line with the employing authority’s local terms and conditions that will include a generous holiday entitlement, flexible working arrangements and an excellent pension scheme."
Reply 36
Salaries for the FTF scheme with London Boroughs start at £22K. I also got past the assessment centre, just waiting for some info on which boroughs i'll have to interview with.
I think that figure is incorrect. Way too low for London IMO. I think that salary may be for the Sussex and Cambridgeshire boroughs that participate on the scheme.
Hey, another one here who got an email saying they'd be in touch about borough interviews. Hopefully soon! It's a very interesting graduate opportunity in general I think.
Hi everyone,
Got interviews for my top 2 boroughs! Yaaay, anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending