The Student Room Group

Ancient arabian 1530s history

???
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You're joking, right? You need evidence in the form of an educational psych's assessment that you have it.
You have to do a test to be recognised as dislexic
Reply 3
You need to actually have evidence from someone who is qualified to diagnose Dyslexia, and they have to recommend what arrangements you have for exams before your school can give you anything for your exams. I'm Dyslexic, and needed to provide a full report from the person who diagnosed me in order to get my extra time and laptop in exams.
Reply 4
Original post by naxiv
Obvs im not dyslexic, i do alevel Maths, but i thought if i claim to be dyslexic, i can get extra time meaning better grades. Especially for subjects like maths where i can have ample time to check my workings?

What do you think of this? I can apply tomorrow in School.

1. You need to have a statement of special needs/evidence in order to apply for concessions and adjustments. The only evidence accepted for dyslexia would usually be an educational psychologist's report.

2. Even if it were possible to lie, and receive concession you are not entitled to (ie. cheat) you're openly asking about this on an internet forum. A forum where you are not as anonymous as you think you are. This is not a wise thing to do.
Reply 5
look up all the symptoms of dyslexia. Go to doc and tell him about them and act it too

= profit ??
Reply 6
Original post by River85
2. Even if it were possible to lie, and receive concession you are not entitled to (ie. cheat) you're openly asking about this on an internet forum. A forum where you are not as anonymous as you think you are. This is not a wise thing to do.

If an IP check could resolve the location of his school then identifying a male of between 16 and 17 who studies Maths, Computer Science, French and Geology at AS should be entirely trivial.
Why would you do that?! It will backfire.
lol they don't just let you have extra time like that.
Reply 9
Shush,
Original post by Profesh
If an IP check could resolve the location of his school then identifying a male of between 16 and 17 who studies Maths, Computer Science, French and Geology at AS should be entirely trivial.
Original post by naxiv
Obvs im not dyslexic, i do alevel Maths, but i thought if i claim to be dyslexic, i can get extra time meaning better grades. Especially for subjects like maths where i can have ample time to check my workings?

You can be dyslexic and still do A level maths you know.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
How desperate.
Original post by naxiv

Dyslexic doesn't mean you can't do maths, you're better off saying you're dyscalculic ( problem with being able to do maths! )

But you need proof lol
Reply 13
on top of the needing tested, your school/college isn't going to put your forward for getting tested for it if you've not previously shown signs of it
There are things us dyslexics are actually good at in the dyslexia test so the best of luck failing everything on purpose and embarrassing yourself lol
Original post by BKS
on top of the needing tested, your school/college isn't going to put your forward for getting tested for it if you've not previously shown signs of it

Before they even consider putting you forward, you have to do a screening test for it. If the screening test says no, they won't consider putting you forward.
You don't even need to claim to be dyslexic to get extra time. In my school you just ask to do the screening test and do it VERY slowly. Then you get extra time. Everyone has extra time.
My learning difficulty test cost £500 with a charted educational psychologist. it took 6 hours aswell to get tested, theres SO MUCH you have to do after you have the report. Its not simple as to show AQA or OCR the report, you hand the report to the school then u do more tests that the exam boards require you to do, i.e speed writing test and speed typing test. This, i do admit is quite easy to hoax but it is not for the Psychologist which diagnosis you. Personally it has helped me alot because i have the extra time to better understand what im doing :wink: :wink: :wink:. But yea, its hard to fake a test, very! especially if ur competitive and you will want to do aswell as possible on each test... Plus i do Maths A2!
Original post by naxiv

You won't get it. You need to go through quite a few tests from and fill out a JCQ report to even be acknowledged for it.

Certainly not for 'Maths'.
Obviously, the problem can be resolved by hard revision. Those that say they need extra time and no real needs are simply lacking in confidence; either that or they didn't revise, or both. That can be resolved by revising and bolstering your knowledge further; thereby increasing your chances of success, and your confidence in your own abilities.

Quick Reply

Latest