The Student Room Group

Studying medicine in UK as Australian

Hey guys, I was wondering if there are any aussies studying medicine in UK? I've applied to UK medicine as an Australian applicant and was wondering how are the expenses like? Did you guys take out loans for international fee? cuz they're quite pricey and if so how were you able to do so?

I'm a bit lost so if anyone could help out! Thanks!
Sorry, I have no idea about international finances but I'm very curious - what made you want to study in the UK? As a current UK medical student, it's very much the opposite here where Australia is seen as a far better place to live, work, and train as a doctor - quite a number of UK grads are fleeing to Australia atm!
Original post by CriticalMuppet
Sorry, I have no idea about international finances but I'm very curious - what made you want to study in the UK? As a current UK medical student, it's very much the opposite here where Australia is seen as a far better place to live, work, and train as a doctor - quite a number of UK grads are fleeing to Australia atm!
It’s quite hard getting into undergraduate medicine in Australia. May not be OP’s reason but it would be logical since unless you are a rural applicant you need a ucat score of around 3000 or higher .

Quick Reply

Latest