The Student Room Group

any americans?

hi all,

I have about a month left in the UK, and was wondering what everyone's opinions about studying and living here are. I personally haven't been enjoying it very much, but I'm curious about other perspectives!

Scroll to see replies

Hi! You mean experience in America or in the UK, sorry? :smile:
Original post by iL1L
Hi! You mean experience in America or in the UK, sorry? :smile:

American International students' experiences in the UK! I'm from the US and have been studying in the UK for a little, so I was just curious
Sorry to hear that, what didn't you enjoy about living here?
(edited 4 months ago)
I live in the US and I've never been to the UK, but I would like to know what it's like! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
I live in the US and I've never been to the UK, but I would like to know what it's like! :smile:

I’m the opposite haha :smile: I’d love to find out what it’s like to live in the US lol
Original post by wkstudy
I’m the opposite haha :smile: I’d love to find out what it’s like to live in the US lol

oh lol it really depends on where in the u.s. you live
Reply 7
oh lol it really depends on where in the u.s. you live

oh yeah sorry lol, I should’ve rephrased that - I’m particularly curious about American hs ! :biggrin:
Original post by wkstudy
oh yeah sorry lol, I should’ve rephrased that - I’m particularly curious about American hs ! :biggrin:

i'm actually homeschooled sorry
Reply 9

no worries :smile: that’s really cool!
Original post by wkstudy
no worries :smile: that’s really cool!

Thx it’s fun too I get too so spend every minute with my family :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by wkstudy
It's not the greatest. Depending on who you are as human. If you're part of the LGBTQ+ community, expect a lot of hate if you go to a Florida high school. In North Carolina it's not as bad. If you like anime, yet again be prepared for hate. Basically anything that is deemed "socially inappropriate" or similar is not widely accepted or supported
Original post by BabygirlFaye
It's not the greatest. Depending on who you are as human. If you're part of the LGBTQ+ community, expect a lot of hate if you go to a Florida high school. In North Carolina it's not as bad. If you like anime, yet again be prepared for hate. Basically anything that is deemed "socially inappropriate" or similar is not widely accepted or supported
true, are you american?
true, are you american?
US so yea.
I hated being homeschooled
US so yea.
nice! which state? i'm in california
nice! which state? i'm in california
North Carolina but i lived in Florida for my whole life. We moved like last year around Jan.
hi i just joined here!
Original post by ladybug3005
hi i just joined here!
Hi 👋
Hi 👋
is this website good for finding inspo for essays and stuff and for help with english and math? lol just wondering bc thats how I find this website :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest