The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jammy4041
Behind that line, he'll have the legendary 1.0YPC. (Shudders).

Atlanta do not run block very well...at all.

To be honest you could send him to Baltimore or Dallas and he'd still struggle mightily. If you watch his game tape it is just plain bad. He tries to do way too much even when there's a hole to go for, he's indecisive and sometimes just plain blind.
Trent Richardson just stinks right now. Some of the gaps he missed were mind boggling. He has no vision what so ever.
Honestly think he'll be done soon but a team will sign him because he's young and relatively fresh right now.

I'd suggest if he wants to stay in the league he should work on his return game
Any Chicago Bears fans in the house? :smile::grin:
Original post by cardinalgirl98

Why is your name cardinalgirl?
Original post by SmashConcept
Why is your name cardinalgirl?

Because I support the Ipswich Cardinals aswell :smile: that's why!
Reply 726
Original post by Kershawladd1999
I'm between Oakland Raiders and Carolina Panthers :biggrin:

Hahaha, pick your poison?! You can have the uptrending Raiders or the perennially nearly contending Panthers

None on the board! Do you want to be the first? I'm still waiting for another fan in my DIVISION! I thought Neil Reynolds Andrew Luck fanboyism would have rubbed off on someone who found their way here by now but alas, I'm alone waving the AFC South flag.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
Hahaha, pick your poison?! You can have the uptrending Raiders or the perennially nearly contending Panthers

None on the board! Do you want to be the first? I'm still waiting for another fan in my DIVISION! I thought Neil Reynolds Andrew Luck fanboyism would have rubbed off on someone who found their way here by now but alas, I'm alone waving the AFC South flag.

Yes I'll be the first and the best! I'll do it! :smile:
Reply 728
Yes I'll be the first and the best! I'll do it! :smile:

You're on the board! I wouldn't mind seeing the Bears not be awful next season. Jay Cutler is not as awful as last season's record.
Original post by Wattsy
You're on the board! I wouldn't mind seeing the Bears not be awful next season. Jay Cutler is not as awful as last season's record.

OMG you feel me bruh! I would love it too! And yesss! WOOOOOO!:biggrin:
Original post by Wattsy

OMG you feel me bruh! I would love it too! And yesss! WOOOOOO!:biggrin:

After predicting the Bears defense to get back to form, to be powered with their potent offense, I really had expectations of Chicago securing the #2 NFC seed. Chicago have interesting pieces, and it will be interesting how they manage the transition to the 3-4 scheme under Vic Fangio. They've made some nice moves in Free Agency, but getting rid of Brandon Marshall was not one of them...Some nice pass rushers are needed, and they must not reach for Landon Collins in the draft. They need to juice up their pass rush, and address that d-line.

What will they do with Jared Allen will also be interesting, seeing as he's never played a 3-4 scheme, but it worked for Julius Peppers...so there's hope. But, getting a rotation of three guys and some depth would be a real boone to the defense.

John Fox is a good coach. If you want a coach to turn around a franchise, it's him.
AFC East looks like it'll be interesting next season however the season isn't won in the off season.
Original post by jammy4041
After predicting the Bears defense to get back to form, to be powered with their potent offense, I really had expectations of Chicago securing the #2 NFC seed. Chicago have interesting pieces, and it will be interesting how they manage the transition to the 3-4 scheme under Vic Fangio. They've made some nice moves in Free Agency, but getting rid of Brandon Marshall was not one of them...Some nice pass rushers are needed, and they must not reach for Landon Collins in the draft. They need to juice up their pass rush, and address that d-line.

What will they do with Jared Allen will also be interesting, seeing as he's never played a 3-4 scheme, but it worked for Julius Peppers...so there's hope. But, getting a rotation of three guys and some depth would be a real boone to the defense.

John Fox is a good coach. If you want a coach to turn around a franchise, it's him.

They would be better if they got rid of Jay Cutler because he has past his best right now 😒 bring back Devin Hester 😁
Original post by Malevolent
AFC East looks like it'll be interesting next season however the season isn't won in the off season.

Yeah, I do quite like some of the moves the teams in the AFC East have made. Hopefully, the division will be more competitive and this is coming from a Pats fan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 734
Keeping cutler is the biggest clown move.

Can't wait to see the Colts offense next season.
Reply 735
Original post by goodwinning
Yeah, I do quite like some of the moves the teams in the AFC East have made. Hopefully, the division will be more competitive and this is coming from a Pats fan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, nah.

Pats will still win it comfortably.
Phins will always Phin
Jets will have some sort of controversy with all their egotistical players
Bills will flatter to decieve, get a couple decent results then lose to the Jaguars.
Original post by Joid14
yeah, nah.

Pats will still win it comfortably.
Phins will always Phin
Jets will have some sort of controversy with all their egotistical players
Bills will flatter to decieve, get a couple decent results then lose to the Jaguars.

I think the Bills have the potential to be a good team, at the very least be competitive, but I think it was a bad idea hiring Rex as the head coach. He has no idea how to handle his offense and he's got a terrible track record drafting QB's and these are areas the Bills need much improvement on. He's much better off as a defensive coordinator. Some people just aren't cut out to be a head coach and he's one of them. Same with Philbin.
Reply 738
Original post by goodwinning
I think the Bills have the potential to be a good team, at the very least be competitive, but I think it was a bad idea hiring Rex as the head coach. He has no idea how to handle his offense and he's got a terrible track record drafting QB's and these are areas the Bills need much improvement on. He's much better off as a defensive coordinator. Some people just aren't cut out to be a head coach and he's one of them. Same with Philbin.

exactly what i meant by 'flatter to deceive'. they look good, beat a couple of decent teams (like last year they beat the packers and lions) but just **** up the easier games.

Rex wont be drafting a Qb this year. Cassel, EJ and Trood Taylor are all vying for the starting spot
Do any of you have any cool NFL merchandise?

Quick Reply

Latest