The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LeFeuilly
Has anyone here done any of their actual GCSE/iGCSE exams yet prior to the main May/June 2015 season? Just out of curiousity ....

I did Religious Studies (Christianity and RC Ethics) and Science (Unit 1) early last year. Resitting RS because I didn’t do too well not the best idea as I haven’t studied it for a year! 😰
Original post by Kai Diawara
whos good at French listening, need tips/revision material other than bitesize

I like to say I’m okay at French. The trick is to work out what’s best for you. For me, it’s listening to native speakers (French music, TV, etc.) and taking as many of the past exams as humanly possible.

Pearson offer an amazingly helpful revision guide and audio files with it. Might be useful to take a look at those.
Original post by iEthan
I did Religious Studies (Christianity and RC Ethics) and Science (Unit 1) early last year. Resitting RS because I didn’t do too well not the best idea as I haven’t studied it for a year!

Good luck :biggrin:
Good luck :biggrin:

Thanks! You too!
The only thing motivating me right now is the long 10 week holiday (in some cases more or less) we get once the exams are over! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by turn-to-page394
We have a year group dinner.... After everyone else has finished their exam and us latin cool kids are stuck wallowing in self pity (ahem i meant revision) for another week.... :frown:

We have a year group dinner too, although we had ours last week. It was actually a lot better than I thought it would be and I really enjoyed it :smile:

Oh yeah the Latin exams usually seem to be the later ones - good luck for it though!
Original post by Michael_Real
The only thing motivating me right now is the long 10 week holiday (in some cases more or less) we get once the exams are over! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have a 12 week holiday but the week after everyone's exams are over, we all have to do work experience and after that's over, we have to go into school for the last pointless week :mad:
Original post by Purple-Pixie
We have a year group dinner too, although we had ours last week. It was actually a lot better than I thought it would be and I really enjoyed it :smile:

Oh yeah the Latin exams usually seem to be the later ones - good luck for it though!

Aww, sounds like it was fun. :smile: Haven't been told anything about ours yet... :rolleyes:

Yup, obviously they are just that popular. :ahee: Thanks :smile: Good luck for your exams too! :smile:

I would have a 12 week holiday but the week after everyone's exams are over, we all have to do work experience and after that's over, we have to go into school for the last pointless week :mad:

At least you have organised work experience.... :mad:

What even are you going to do for that last week...? Have lessons? :rolleyes:
Aww, sounds like it was fun. :smile: Haven't been told anything about ours yet... :rolleyes:

Yup, obviously they are just that popular. :ahee: Thanks :smile: Good luck for your exams too! :smile:

At least you have organised work experience.... :mad:

What even are you going to do for that last week...? Have lessons? :rolleyes:

Yep it was :smile: Thanks!

Do you not do work experience at your school then? No, luckily we don't have lessons! Well apart from on one day where we have a sixth form experience day which won't be much use to the people in our year who are leaving! But on the other days I think there will be some trips (although we have Prizegiving on one of the evenings :rolleyes:)
Reply 4869
Who has an art exam tomorrow???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep it was :smile: Thanks!

Do you not do work experience at your school then? No, luckily we don't have lessons! Well apart from on one day where we have a sixth form experience day which won't be much use to the people in our year who are leaving! But on the other days I think there will be some trips (although we have Prizegiving on one of the evenings :rolleyes:)

No we don't - we organise it ourselves - yet to organise mine :colondollar:...
Ok, phew :biggrin: Yeah, I've had a sixth form day but back in the autumn term when it was sixth form choosing time. :P
Whoo trips. :smile: Prizegiving sounds like it will be... fun? :biggrin:

Original post by SSAA9
Who has an art exam tomorrow???
Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek: But it's the Easter holidays!

Good luck though if you have one. :smile:
No we don't - we organise it ourselves - yet to organise mine :colondollar:...
Ok, phew :biggrin: Yeah, I've had a sixth form day but back in the autumn term when it was sixth form choosing time. :P
Whoo trips. :smile: Prizegiving sounds like it will be... fun? :biggrin:

We had to organise ours ourselves too but we're forced to do it in a certain week or two by the school :rolleyes:

Yeah, we had two sixth form days at the end of Year 10 - I think I'm most excited to be able to go out at lunch, even though by the end of sixth form I'll probably be too lazy to even go to the school cafe to buy lunch :colondollar:

Haha yeah definitely :tongue:
We had to organise ours ourselves too but we're forced to do it in a certain week or two by the school :rolleyes:

Yeah, we had two sixth form days at the end of Year 10 - I think I'm most excited to be able to go out at lunch, even though by the end of sixth form I'll probably be too lazy to even go to the school cafe to buy lunch :colondollar:

Haha yeah definitely :tongue:

Ah okay, :biggrin:

Looking forward to being able to use the sixth form toastie machine - I can see myself only eating cheese toasties for lunch every day - even though the dining hall is like 30 footsteps away .... :colondollar: Ah well.
Original post by iEthan
I like to say I’m okay at French. The trick is to work out what’s best for you. For me, it’s listening to native speakers (French music, TV, etc.) and taking as many of the past exams as humanly possible.

Pearson offer an amazingly helpful revision guide and audio files with it. Might be useful to take a look at those.

thanks for the info. its the only thing hindering me from getting A*
thanks for the info. its the only thing hindering me from getting A*

You’re more than welcome! Hope it helps.
I have a conditional offer from a college (it's my backup and the entry requirements are quite low) and everyone in my year has a conditional offer from our school. I want to stay at my school's sixth form but I'm not sure if I'll get the grades :frown: What about you?

I have a conditional offer from a college and a 6F but I want to stay at my school as well but, I dunno, technically, the other 6f is one of the best in the borough and the college is apparently really good so yeah.

I'm waiting till I hear back from my school before making any decisions but the other 6F is really tempting considering they offer computer science.

Good luck, I hope you get into your 6F. What's the requirement?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Has anyone here done any of their actual GCSE/iGCSE exams yet prior to the main May/June 2015 season? Just out of curiousity ....

Yeah, I've done my biology and chemistry gcse last year. What about you?

P.S.

I did chemistry. wanted A* but got an A :frown:. I'll retake it in year 12
I did chemistry. wanted A* but got an A :frown:. I'll retake it in year 12

I would be over the moon if I got A!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Firenze26
I have a conditional offer from a college and a 6F but I want to stay at my school as well but, I dunno, technically, the other 6f is one of the best in the borough and the college is apparently really good so yeah.

I'm waiting till I hear back from my school before making any decisions but the other 6F is really tempting considering they offer computer science.

Good luck, I hope you get into your 6F. What's the requirement?

P.S.

Well good luck with your decision :smile:

Thank you! To get into my sixth form I need 8 A* - C grades, including passes in Maths, English and Science. This will be fine for English but I'm really worried I'll fail Maths and Science as they are my weakest subjects :frown:

I also need to get an A in all the subjects that I want to do for A Level. This should be fine with me for English Lit, provided that I keep working hard, as I got an A in the Year 10 and 11 mocks for it. However, I'm worried that I'll miss the A grade for Psychology as there's so much to remember and the grade boundaries are so high!

The other subjects I'm doing are Sociology and Politics and I need an A in English to do these subjects. So there's a lot of pressure for me to get an A in English Lit and I don't know what I'll do if I don't :frown:

What are the requirements for your sixth form and college?

Latest