The Student Room Group

Slade School of Fine Art Application Advice

Scroll to see replies

p.s. what do you guys mean by more structured? Does CSM have fixed classes ? They were so lame at explaining me at the interview. So great to have this forum.

Also, GS seems to have a stronger Art Research department, is that true?
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone else perfer CSM to Chelsea? I got into both and now i just have to confirm :smile:
Original post by crystalttyy
Anyone else perfer CSM to Chelsea? I got into both and now i just have to confirm :smile:

I have an offer from chelsea as well. the campus and staff are so friendly it's a really welcoming atmosphere but, to be honest, it seems a bit like a "bubble". Also, i've talked with some of the students and they've complained about it being "too free", the studio space seems quite small and they don't have darkrooms...
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey guys, on the topic of chelsea - I'm STILL waiting to hear about a course change thing since around start of February time... I don't know if it's worth the wait and I'm starting to get worried they've forgotten about me! Any advice/ anyone else in same situation? I've rang up but they really couldn't give me much information.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also congratulations on everybody's amazing offers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1005
Original post by AnnieLS
Hey guys, on the topic of chelsea - I'm STILL waiting to hear about a course change thing since around start of February time... I don't know if it's worth the wait and I'm starting to get worried they've forgotten about me! Any advice/ anyone else in same situation? I've rang up but they really couldn't give me much information.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wrote that already - I was in the same position for two months and then just got a rejection via Track, since have two other offers from UAL.
Reply 1006
As for CSM, not all the workshop are away from the former Byam Shaw building. Printmaking studio is there! All I need to keep myself occupied.
Original post by eei
i wrote that already - I was in the same position for two months and then just got a rejection via Track, since have two other offers from UAL.

Ah, I didn't see your post!

When did you get the rejection? I haven't had anything yet....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1008
Last week. The same as few more people in the same position.
Original post by eei
Last week. The same as few more people in the same position.

Ah, hopefully I'll hear something soon then. Nobody got an interview/offer from them who was in this position then?
They emailed me a sort of reminder thing saying 'as you know we're currently considering your application for an alternate course...' Sort of thing and just said I'd hear through UCAS. But no news as of yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, does anyone have much of a comparison to make about Kingston and Oxford Brookes for BA Fine Art?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1011
Original post by AnnieLS
Ah, hopefully I'll hear something soon then. Nobody got an interview/offer from them who was in this position then?
They emailed me a sort of reminder thing saying 'as you know we're currently considering your application for an alternate course...' Sort of thing and just said I'd hear through UCAS. But no news as of yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I got another reminder email too! I'm confused as to why it's taking them so long to respond with news of an alternative offer/rejection though - you would think they would have decided by now...
Are you saying i can be rejected for having two UAL offers (randomly?) should I reject one right away?
Reply 1013
Oh, and I've just updated myself of this thread and it's so great to see those who have battled through all the fretting and interrogations to an offer- congratulations! :smile:
to people with offers from slade, have you thought much about accommodation yet?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by neworder_
to slade people, have you thought much about accommodation yet?

Yep! My application is sent off already!
Original post by ieestok
Yep! My application is sent off already!

oh well done! what kind of place are you hoping for??
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by neworder_
oh well done! what kind of place are you hoping for??

I've only applied to catered halls, and put my 'most important factor' as proximity to ucl (although all the ones ive applied for are in a ten minute walking radius hahah)
i have a pal at UCL who says that unless you put your most important factor as being having a single room you are almost guaranteed a shared. No bad thing but if you want a single then it has to be the most important factor to actually get one! That said I do sort of prefer being close to UCL the houses are nicer round their too. Perhaps it'll be the only chance you'll get of living in the Fitzrovia area ever....
Original post by bertiewallace123
i have a pal at UCL who says that unless you put your most important factor as being having a single room you are almost guaranteed a shared. No bad thing but if you want a single then it has to be the most important factor to actually get one! That said I do sort of prefer being close to UCL the houses are nicer round their too. Perhaps it'll be the only chance you'll get of living in the Fitzrovia area ever....

They have way more single rooms than shared though, so that doesn't make sense. Somebody has to get the singles. And for each hall, I've specified single rooms with shared bathroom, and specified that I won't take a shared room if there aren't any singles left in UCL-run halls. I would be very surprised if I get a shared room like you say.

Have you actually done the application yet?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest